Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

How Do I use one login with multiple browsers?

I just started using msecure today. It looks like I have to create a new record with the same login for each of the browsers I use? I first created a record for my craigslist account but did not choose an app because I didn't think that applied to browsers. All the other password managers I've used I never had to tie a specific browser to a login. So when I went to log into craigslist using my chrome browser, there was no auto-fill in. I tried it with other browsers and nothing worked. Finally I assigned a browser to that login and it worked on that browser, but not on any others. This is a really big problem for me. I use 4 or 5 browsers at a time and it seems ridicules to have to create a record for the same login for each browser. I've never had to do anything like this before. 

I'm looking to migrate away from LassPass and heard good things about this one and I like the features this has. There's has to be away to use 1  login record for different browsers. Please help. 

Hi Mark,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure what you mean by assigning a browser to a record. Each Login you create has a Website field in it that stored the URL to the website for your online account. When you click on the field, mSecure opens the URL in a browser, but you can't set a different browser for each Login record. Can you explain in more detail what you are doing here? Also, what on what type of device are your running the mSecure app?

Login or Signup to post a comment