Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Is there anyway to reset the password

I've been trying to get an answer to this for two days now and all my passwords are locked. It appears to me that if you forgot your password for MSecure, you pretty much have to resign to start over. I have the key and the QR code.  If this is the case, just state it as a warning. Please help!

1 person has this question

Hi Rich,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  We do warn users to not forget their account password. Your Account Password and Account Key(QR code) are only accessible by you and is never saved or stored by mSecure. Your Account Password and Account Key(QR code) are like a key to a safe. If you have the correct key, you can open the safe. If not, the safe will remain closed. Without either account credentials, you no longer have the key(s) needed to access your data. Because you no longer have the key, no one will ever be able to open the safe again. As a result, in order to obtain a new key and a new safe, you must reset your mSecure account. 

If you have forgotten your account's password, you can learn how to reset your account and create a new account password here: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064228

Thanks

Comments to this discussion are now closed!