Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

configuration sytem failed to initalize on windows 10 for MSecure version 4.5.4

help! I'm trying to open my MSecure version 4.5.4 and I get "configuration system failed to initalize on windows 10". No reason for it. I haven't changed anything on my computer. Do i need to download version 5? If so, do I uninstall this version that isn't working first or try and fix it first?  It's working on my iphone and I have a backup I created from that.

Actually the Windows version is 3.177 on my laptp that won't load all of a sudden. Do I install again? If so, do I uninstall the last one first

Hi Natasha,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing. There is no version 3.177 of mSecure. Perhaps you mean 3.1.1?  First, I would recommend downloading and installing the latest version of our old app: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000022199

It looks like your preferences file is either damaged or corrupt. We can fix this by simply deleting the preferences file. Doing so will not have any consequence on your mSecure information.

To delete the preference file:

1. Click on the Start menu

2. Type or copy and paste %userprofile%\appdata\local to the search bar and hit enter

3. Double click the mSeven_software.. folder

4. Double click the mSecure.... folder

5. Double click the 3.5.7... folder

** if you have an older version, click on the older version number. It should be the only folder in mSecure folder

6. Delete the user.config

You should now be able to open mSecure without the error message. However, you will need to activate mSecure 3 again. Make sure you have mSecure 3.5.7 install in order to do this. I wen't ahead and resent you your order confirmation with license number in case you need it to activate your license. 

Thank you very much for your time, and please let me know if you have any other questions while using mSecure.

Need to activate my version 4 ASAP THANKS
For my iPhone please

I'm not sure what you mean here. For the mobile versions of mSecure, there is no activation process. Are you saying you are not able to download the old mSecure app from the iTunes App Store?

Login or Signup to post a comment