Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

mSecure Desktop an iPad app not syncing, Mac

My iPhone is the main device that I use to input new log in info. I am using the mSecure cloud. The desktop app is not syncing. It is odd because earlier today I created a new login using the iPhone an the desktop app managed to get the title but not the username and password.

Hi Dan,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  Can you let me know what version of mSecure 5 you are using on your Mac? You can view that info by opening the app, clicking mSecure 5 from the top menu bar, and selecting "About mSecure." Hopefully, you are running version 5.6.2. If not, please open the Mac App Store and look for updates to download the latest version. 

If you are using the latest version of mSecure 5 on your Mac, perhaps there's an issue with the local database or installation file. I would recommend removing your local database and signing back into your account in that case:

1. Open mSecure 5
  2. Click the Option button on your keyboard
  3. Click Help in the top menu bar
  4. Select the "Show Data file in Finder" option
  5. Close mSecure 5
  6. Remove the mSecure.mscb file (move it to the trash bin or click command+delete to remove it)
  7. Sign in to your account

Please note that you'll want to have mSecure 5 on your iOS handy when signing back into your account. Also, if needed, here is a guide that shows you how to resend yourself the QR code email: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064234

Login or Signup to post a comment