Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Email address

Hi I need to change my email address & password how can I do this?

4 people have this question

Hi John,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  What account email address and password are you trying to change? mSecure 5 is the first and only version of mSecure to use an account system and I see no mSecure account under your email address. You'll have to create an account in order to get started with mSecure 5.

Note: this website (https://support.msecure.com) uses a separate account system meant only for support.

i WANT TO CHANGE MY EMAIL ADDRESS ON THE ACCOUNT

Hi Tebel,

I have some questions I'll need answered before being able to help here:

1. What email address are you using?
  2. Where do you want it changed? On our support website or on our app?
  3. If mSecure 5 related, are you trying to change your account email address to an email address you already have an account for?

mSecure 5 is the first and only version of mSecure to have an account system. That means that it is the first version that would require you to create an account or use an email address. You can change your email address in mSecure 5 at any point. However, you cannot change an email address for an account to an email address already in use by another account. For example, you have accounts for tebel@gmail.com and tebel@icloud.com. You would be unable to change the tebel@gmail.com account to tebel@icloud.com because the iCloud account already exists. However, you could change the tebel@gmail.com account to any other email not in use or you could change the iCloud account to something else in order to be able to change the gmail account to to it. Hope this helps. If not, please remove caps lock (stop yelling) and providing more information and I'd be happy to help you.

Hi there, 

My account was created by mSecure from an email enquiry I had. I have set up my password, however my email that is listed on the account and my password are not being accepted on the mobile app.

Please advise so that I can access my mSecure 4 data which I am hoping will transfer over once I am in

With thanks

Therese

Hi Therese,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. When you say your account was created from an email inquiry, do you mean that you received a marketing email from us, then set up your account? If so, did you purchase an mSecure license from our website? Since we're dealing with a possible account issue here, it will probably be better to handle this via email, as it's more private. Can you email our support at support@msevensoftware.com, and put "Attention: Mike" in the subject line?

After we get you signed in to your mSecure 5 account, it should be no problem transferring your information.

I need to change my email address - can you advice me how to do this

I need to change my email address

i have a msecure account and I need to change the email adress as the backups are not going to the right place

Hi Pauline,

Sorry for the delay in responding to this thread. I'm not sure what you mean here with changing your email address for the backups mSecure creates. When you create an email backup from mSecure's Settings, you are able to choose which email you would like to send the encrypted backup file. That email address is not tied to your mSecure account's email in any way.

When you tap the option to create the email backup, are you seeing the screen popup that shows you "To:", "Cc/Bcc, From" and "Subject:" fields? In the "To:" field, you can type in any email address you would like, and the backup will be sent to that address.

I've been waiting for an answer to my question #61239 since yesterday. Would you be interested please?

Hi Korhan,

Thank you for contacting us. Are you trying to use mSecure 5, or are you trying to download the older mSecure 4 app? The license you purchased back 2014 is only valid for mSecure 4. In order to have a paid license for mSecure 5, that is a separate purchase. Please let me know which version of mSecure you are trying to use, and I'll try to help.

Hi Mike,

I installed mSecure 5 after formatting my phone. I was using version 4 before. What I don't understand is why I have to buy again every time the version changes? 

Hi Korhan,

You don't have to purchase a new license every time there's a version change. mSecure 5 is the only version we have charged an upgrade fee for in the 8 or so years mSecure has been released. If you are not wanting to purchase an mSecure 5 license, you should be able to download mSecure 4 from the App Store you purchased it from as long as you are signed in to the same app store account. Is your new phone the same type of phone as your old phone?

Login or Signup to post a comment