Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Cannot delete/edit entry

I have an entry that I cannot delete or edit.  If I delete it - either on my Android device or in Windows - it immediately is restored.  If I try to edit the entry on my Android device the changes do not save; they do save in Windows but get immediately overwritten when I synch.

3 people have this problem

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  It sounds like you might have run into an issue we experienced with an older build of mSecure 5. Can you check the modified date of these records? The bug makes the last modified date be way in the future and because of it, any time you sync your information, the records affected will not be changed.

My recommendation would be to use mSecure 5 on Mac or Windows:

1. Disable syncing in mSecure 5
  2. Delete the data.mssb sync file if using Dropbox or iCloud syncing (Dropbox/Apps/mSecure 5/userId/data.mssb or iCloud/mSecure/userId/data.mssb)
  3. Create a backup of mSecure 5: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/msecure-backups (this is just to have a backup)
  4. Uninstall mSecure 5 from all devices besides one instance of Mac or Windows
  5. Bulk delete all of your records (select all records ctrl+a or use mouse)
  6. Bulk recover all of your records (recover records from the "Deleted Items" section)
  7. Enable syncing again
  8. Reinstall mSecure 5 on all of your devices

Alternatively, if this is only an issue with a single record:

1. Disable syncing
  2. Edit the record in mSecure 5 on all devices
  3. Re-enable syncing

Hi Eden,

I'm having the exact same problem albeit only with a single record.  Date modified is suddenly 2/11/2220. However, I can't seem to get your alternative solution working. Any further suggestions without having to uninstall and delete everything?

Regards,

Kresten

Addition: The problem was with multiple records but your reccomendation to delete/recover everything did the trick - all "Date modifed" are correct now and and records are editable again.

Where do i look on my MSecure to find what version I have?

Hi Floyd,

To find which version you have installed in the Mac version, open mSecure, then click "mSecure > About mSecure" in the menu bar in the top left of your screen. For all other platforms, open mSecure, go to the Settings, then find the About mSecure section. You'll see the version number there.

Login or Signup to post a comment