mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Corrupted modified dates (again)

Hi Eden, /// I fixed this issue but having just ordered my records by "date" I can see that it has occurred again. The issue is future modified dates. /// 17 records have been affected. /// This problem will sync across all platforms but I have posted as an Android problem because I think that was your conclusion last time. /// Ben

1 person has this problem

Hi Ben,

Did this issue re-ocurre after the 5.5.3 update? Do you feel it was an issue that occurred on Android or did you simply notice it first on Android? We still haven't gotten to the bottom of this but being able to pin it down to a single platform (if it's happening on a specific platform) would really help. We added extra checks in our code to prevent this from happening though so this might have happened to your information before the most recent updates?

Hi Eden, I don't usually look at the modified dates or sort by date which is when I spotted the problem. I also don't religiously back up weekly or whatever so I can't say exactly when it occurred but March 26th no problem, April 17th problem. I think it is likely it was the update but can't be sure. /// As for which platform was affected, again I don't know for sure. I use Android the most, I hardly ever use Windows and I use iOS at some frequency between the two. I noticed the problem on Android but whether it is the Android version that caused the issue I don't know.

Well, thank you for the added info. We'll definitely keep this on the radar. I can generally reproduce an issue and provide steps for our developers to view and fix the issue, but I haven't been able to do that here though I to have run into the issue once before. 

I have a similar issue with corrupt Modified Date values. (which I have also created a support ticket for)

 

I have an entry that I am trying to delete in Windows 10 version of mSecure 5.5.54.0. I try to delete, get the confirmation window and then my total record could goes down by 1. But then after a few seconds the deleted record is added back without my action. I have noticed that on this record the created date is 12/31/2014 and the modified date is 12/14/2018.

 

My computer is on the correct date and time settings, so I don;t know how mSecure can put a future date in the modified field? I don't know if that has anything to do with the delete issue or not.

 

I have noticed other records in mSecure in Windows and Android (synced via Dropbox) with future dates or default dates such as 09/16/2202, 12/2/3202, 04/24/5720, 08/29/2019,12/30/3599, and so on.

 

Clearly there is some corrupt dates in my mSecure database and I would like to know how to resolve this issue, along with getting my delete request to work for the record mentioned at the beginning of this ticket.


Please advise a solution, or let me know if you need additional information.

After following the instructions from Eden to backup, remove, and restore, the issue appears to have been resolved.


Login or Signup to post a comment