Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Download and print mSecure information

My husband is not tech savvy and has asked me to print out my mSecure information for him. How can I download and print?

3 people have this question

Hi Diane,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. What version of mSecure are you using here and on what devices?

I have mSecure4 which I have installed on my iPhone 6s Plus.

Hi Diane,

In order to print your data, we will first need to make a backup of your records using our mBackup software. You can download and install the free mBackup software here:

Windows: https://assets.msecure.com/downloads/apps/mBackup3.0.1.zip
Mac: https://assets.msecure.com/downloads/apps/mBackupMac3.0.1Signed.dmg

Once this is installed on your computer, you can open it and set the password to match the login password you use for mSecure on your mobile device. Leave mBackup running, then open mSecure on your mobile device, and tap on the gear icon in the bottom right corner of the main view. Next, tap on the “Backup Data” option in the menu. Your computer should be listed on the next screen that slides in, and you can tap on it to make a backup of your data. The backup will show up in the list in mBackup on your computer with the date/time of the backup as well as the name of the device that was backed up.

Once you have a backup in mBackup, you can click on it once to select it, then click on File > Export > CSV in the menu bar, and save the file to your desktop. You can then open this file in Excel, Numbers or even a text editor like TextEdit or Notepad and print out your records.

All that said, we have a new app, and it’s much easier to print your data from the new desktop version of mSecure 5. mSecure 5 is a paid upgrade.

mSecure 5 marks the first time in the history of our company that we have charged for an upgrade to mSecure. We wanted to make it a free upgrade for our customers, but with the current landscape of application development, it was not feasible for us to do so.

mSecure 5 's minimum system requirements are: iOS 9.3; Watch OS 2.2; Android 4.3 (Google Play Store); Mac 10.10; Windows 10 (UWP).

"All that said, we have a new app, and it’s much easier to print your data from the new desktop version of mSecure 5. mSecure 5 is a paid upgrade."

"mSecure 5 's minimum system requirements are: iOS 9.3; Watch OS 2.2; Android 4.3 (Google Play Store); Mac 10.10; Windows 10 (UWP)."

Its not very "easier" to print off ones info if you dont have a Windows 10 machine.

Lets say you paid for msecure 5, after happily using msecure (paid) for years...and wish to fully switch to msecure 5...but would like to print off a copy of all my passwords.

Q: how does one go about doing this without one having their own win10 machine ? This is a severe limitation.... Support, please advise.

Hi Carlos,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  There is no way to print out your mSecure 5 information if you cannot install mSecure 5 on Mac or Windows 10. I'm sorry I don't have better news for you here.

Hi, Thanks for your prompt reply.

The upgrade path to msecure5 comes with this requirement to have a win10 PC available to fully benefit from the features.

This is a limitation for people who just want msecure just to be phone based....like me.

I would think it would be handy to include an "export records as pdf" feature in the phone app.

As well, it should be made a lot clearer in the FAQs etc that exporting to print is limited to Win10 machines.

It took me a while to figure this out and had to contact support to confirm as it seemed odd.

Why not be upfront about it.  msecure is still  great app, and it would save us all a bunch of time.

Login or Signup to post a comment