Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket
Not Taken

Linux Desktop

Hi, I'm a newbie to this forum, but a long time Msecure user. I couldn't find any reference to Linux in the Forum discussions, so I'd like to request a Linux version of Msecure desktop. I can't bring myself to install Windows 10 and of course Msecure Desktop doesn't install on XP. But I've been migrating to Linux, and would love to take Msecure 5 with me. Thanks

9 people like this idea

Hello All,

I 2nd this request and I a currently running Manarjo Linux and would be open to testing as well. I have tried getting the client running in Wine and that works however it cannot sync with the database.

Thanks!

++ I would also like to see a Linux desktop client.  I am currently running Fedora 27, Cent 7, Mint 16.  I have used mSecure for many years and would like to take advantage of 5 features on my systems.

Thanks,
Rick

Hi Eden, and thanks for the welcome. I'm using Debian 8.7 Cinnamon for my Unix system. I know that I'm a bit of a dinosaur regarding XP, but it is very stable, and I'm really not a fan of Microsoft's heavy handed restrictions on the newer OSs. Still, it's getting harder to keep using XP, so I'm looking for alternatives to some of my favorite, and constantly used programs. Bottom line is that I'll give up programs to avoid moving to another MS product. So I hope that the Linux community will start waving the flag and clamoring for Msecure for their systems. By the way, I think that the cloud is a security disaster waiting to happen, so it's notan option for me as far as backups or syncronization goes.  Having said all that, I hope that Msecure can see its way to a LInux version, because I think it's a great product.

Hi Ted,

Welcome to our forum and thank you for the feature request. What distro are you using on Linux? Ubuntu? Since it sounds like you're using XP which is practically ancient, perhaps you've opted for a less system intense flavor of Ubuntu such as Kubuntu or Lubuntu. Of the Ubuntu variants I'm really enjoying Ubuntu Bungie at the moment. LXLE is a great distro for older computers.

This feature request has been requested by several users (about 20 users in our last forum system). However, we are unlikely to create a Linux version of mSecure unless there is just overwhelming demand for a Linux version. However, we will be releasing browser plugins of mSecure 5, and I am hoping we are able to release a fully independent version of our plugin which would allow users to use our browser plugin on Chrome and(or) Firefox on any system. A fully independent browser plugin would require the use our our mSecure Cloud feature though. 

Again, thank you for the request and I'm sorry I don't have better news here. 

Login or Signup to post a comment