Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

Issue with FaceID and Sync

Using 5.5.2 on an iPhone X.  FaceID stopped working today after not registering my face a couple times.  Had to enter my password to access.  Once in, there was no menu choice to re-enable FaceID.  Out of desperation, I deleted and reinstalled 5.5.2 from the Apple App Store.  Got FaceID working, but then it stop syncing and there were zero records to view.  Deleted and reinstalled two more times (rebooting prior to the last install).  Finally got it to re-sync with FaceID.  Should I be worried that someone has hacked into my phone?  Or is this just some obscure bug?

1 person has this problem

Hi Glen,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. I'm not exactly sure what happened, but it does not sound like any hacking is taking place. There seemed to be an issue with mSecure 5, your iPhone x, Face ID, or a combination of the three. However, I'm glad you were able to fix your issue here.

Thanks Eden.  Yeah, weird bug.  Will let you know if I run into it again.

My problem is similar but it won’t accept my password as well as Face ID. I’m afraid of deleting and reinstalling for fear of losing all data. Also, when I hit the forgot password I never received the email to reset. It has been working well until last night.

fingerprint ID stopped working.  Will I be locked out after a given number of unsuccessful attempts?

HI,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear the password you are entering is not working. I'm not sure exactly why the fingerprint unlock is not working, but it could be that the OS or app was updated recently which sometimes disables the fingerprint unlock feature. Unfortunately, there is no way to turn that feature back on unless the app is unlocked first.

In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our customer's password or the data stored in mSecure, so there is no way for us to retrieve the password or your information. Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change the password when mSecure is not accepting the password being entered. The only thing we can do here is reset the app, but that means all of the data stored in it will be lost. I'm really sorry I don't have better news here.

For some of our customers, they forget at least one of the substitution characters they used to make their password stronger, like 3 for E, $ for S, and so on. Is it possible you are missing one of those substitutions or possibly transposing a couple of the characters in the password

Currently we have two options. The first is to keep trying to remember the password and see if anything you remember will let you into mSecure. The second option would be to reset your account and create a new account password (this is for mSecure 5 only): https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start

I reinstalled the latest version (iOS iPhone) because Faceid had stopped working for no apparent reason. I could log in okay but there are no records displaying. My other devices (iOS iPad and Windows10 ) are fine. I sync over Dropbox. I made a backup from my iPad version as a precaution but can't see how to restore that. (Suspect I should not!). Do I need to delete and reinstall again or is there a verification step I must take to enable the synchronisation to restart? Thanks.

Hi Stuart,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the late reply to your question. I'm not sure what's happening here, but something doesn't sound right. As long as you are signed in to the same mSecure account, you should not have to restore your data from a backup. The data that is in mSecure on your iPad and PC should just sync over to your iPhone. Also, even if Face ID was not working, the password to unlock the app would be the same as it is on your iPad and PC, so something strange is happening here.

I'm going to have you check the username in mSecure's Account Settings on each of your devices:

For the mobile app (iOS):

1. Tap the menu icon in the top left of mSecure's main view
  2. Tap Settings at the bottom of menu
  3. Tap Account Settings

For the Windows app:

1. Click the settings icon in the bottom of the left column
  2. Click Account Settings

Which email address do you see next to the Username field in each of your mSecure apps Stuart?

Hi. Thanks for responding. I realise you guys are very busy. I did a fresh install and everything now works as it should (and did previously). You can close the issue for me, now. Thanks and regards

That's great news Stuart! Please let us knows should you have other questions.

Login or Signup to post a comment