Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

iOS 16.02

I just upgraded my iPhone and the mSecure app won’t open.  I searched for answers and was hoping for a solution.  I believe I was on version 4. 

Hi Alan,

Thank you for contacting us. If you were using mSecure 4 on your old phone, it's likely you now have mSecure 6 installed on your new phone. V6 is not the same app as V4, so it makes sense that you can't open it. The old V4 app was not connected to our account system, but V6 is, so you'll need to have an account to use the new app.

Real quick, do you still have access to your old iPhone, and are you able to open mSecure on that device to view your information? If you don't have the old phone, do you have a backup of your mSecure data?

I’m sorry I wasn’t clear on my post.  I’ve updated my iPhone 13 to 16.02. I have mSecure v4 on it. It was working fine until I updated the my iPhone to the latest software. When I try and open the mSecure app it just closes and I don’t have a backup. 

One more thing I see from your post there’s a new version 6 out but i haven’t tried to download it yet.  

Hi Alan,

Thank you for the extra information. We have had some other customers email us about this same issue, but we're not sure what's causing it. The problem is, mSecure 4 is no longer supported, so it won't be updated to fix issues like this. The good news is, you can simply upgrade to mSecure 6, and you should have no problems importing your mSecure 4 data into the new app when you create your account.

The one thing to keep in mind, however, is that the new V6 app is a subscription-based model, and even though you are an existing mSecure user, it is a paid upgrade. If you would like to upgrade, you simply download mSecure 6 onto your phone, then create an account with any active email address. During the onboarding process, you should be asked if you want to import your mSecure 4 data. Tap the option to import, then enter your password for mSecure 4, and your data will be imported.

Thank you, updating to the new version worked and I have all my information from version 4. 

No problem at all Alan, and it's great to hear you were able to get upgraded to the new version of mSecure! Please let me know if you need further assistance.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento