Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Can not set up iWatch to unlock Mac

I am trying to set up Apple Watch to allow me to unlock mSecure via mSecure  preferences. After entering my password nothing happens when I hit OK. I have enabled "Use your Apple Watch to unlock apps and your Mac" via Mac system preferences. 

I have managed to set it up on my MacBook.

Hi Adrian,

As long as you Mac supports unlocking apps via Apple Watch, you should be able to unlock mSecure in this manner. Real quick, when you turn on that feature in mSecure's Preferences, nothing does happen except for the feature being enabled. What do you mean when you say "After entering your password, nothing happens"?

Hi Mike,

Please see the two attached screenshots. When I enter my password correctly and click OK the screen stays exactly as shown - nothing happens. If I enter an incorrect password I get the appropriate message.  And the function does not work.

Hi Adrian,

Unfortunately, I've never seen anything like this on my Mac computers, and I haven't heard reports from other users, so I'm not exactly sure how we'll go about getting this fixed. To start troubleshooting, have you simply tried restarting your Mac? I know this may sound silly, but with these types of issues, it's always the best starting point. Go ahead and shut down your Mac for about a couple minutes, then boot it back up again.

Did that have any effect on the problem? Are you able to enable Apple Watch unlock?

Hi Mike

Unfortunately restarting my Mac has made no difference.  The function is working perfectly on my MacBook however!

Have you tried turning off the "Unlock apps with Apple Watch" setting in Preferences, then try to turn on the feature in mSecure's preferences? When you turn on the feature in mSecure's preferences, it will take you to your Mac's preferences where you'll need to turn on the feature again. Maybe that will help mSecure know the setting is available on your computer, but I'm not sure. I did just double-check the feature on my Mac, and it is working as it should. I'm just not sure what could be keeping the feature from working on your Mac.

Hi Mike

I tried your suggestion as follows: Turn off "Unlock apps with Apple Watch", restart computer, start mSecure, go to mSecure preferences, it then directed me to Mac preferences to turn the feature on again which I did, try to allow unlock with Apple watch - no change from before. Sorry.

Hi Adrian,

Can you let me know what version of macOS you are running? I'm going to have to talk this over with our developer to see if there's something we can figure out together, and he'll need to know that information. Also, what version of macOS are you running on the Mac on which the feature is working?

Hi Mike,

My iMac and MacBook Pro (both 2019) are both  running macOS Monterey Version 12.2.1

Hi Adrian,

I just talked to our developer about this issue, and I need to get more information from you. When you say you enter the password for mSecure when you trying to set up the Apple Watch unlock feature in the Security Preferences, and nothing happens, what do you mean? You should enter the password, click OK, and then the dialog should close. After the dialog closes, you should see the checkbox checked.

Also, you will have to have a passcode/password set for unlocking your iMac. Do you have a passcode set to unlock your computer?

I do have a password for unlocking my  iMac. 

When I enter the mSecure password to set up the Apple Watch unlock feature, the dialog does not close. Nothing happens. The only response I can get is if I enter the wrong password - then it tells me as per the screenshot sent earlier. 

Hi Adrian,

We're at a loss here as to what could be causing this behavior. Our developer says the next step would be to get a logging build for Mac created so we can try to see what's happening when you enter your password to turn on the Apple Watch unlock feature. Since the dialog is not getting dismissed, that should be indicating mSecure isn't handling something correctly, and logging should help.

Are you ok with downloading a new, non-production build to provide us with logging?

Hi Mike

Yes I am happy with that. 

All the best, Adrian

Hi Adrian,

We have a build ready for you to download to get logging from you for the Apple Watch unlock issue you're experiencing. Can you email us real quick at "support@msevensoftware.com" so I can send you the link to the build? After you send the email, let me know here that it was sent, and I'll send you the link as soon as I see your email.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento