Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Can't add new entry Mac desktop app

I want to create a new entry using the Mac desktop app, but clicking on the + in the password list is not doing anything.  Any other clicks seem ok.

2 persone hanno questo problema

Hi Mike,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure what could be causing this to happen, as it's not a known issue in the app. Do you have access to your information on a different device running mSecure? If so, I'm going to have you reset mSecure on your Mac, and that should take care of the problem.

Version 5.7.2 (165). is on my mac.  I can't add passwords or edit existing passwords.   My iPhone app seems okay but I can't sync.

Hi Mark,

What happens when you click the + button in the bottom of the middle column of mSecure on your Mac? Also, what happens when you click on a record and then click on the button to edit the record?

I had this problem, but checking now it is working  now.  I have rebooted and installed a MacOS update since I first had the issue.  Maybe one of those actions fixed the issue for me.  

Thank you for posting your feedback on this issue @Mike. Hopefully it can help @Mark with what he's experiencing.

Hello, Ive had this same problem for over 6 months. I cannot add a new record in desktop version of Msecure, but can in the IOS version. There have been several mac OS updates since I've first experienced the issue. I've always updated my OS versions (not for the Msecure issue, but just as a matter of staying current with upgrades, security updates etc.).

Needless to say, the computer has bee restarted many many times since over the past 6 months.

So, I  can create a  new record in IOS, and cannot create a new record in desktop OS. Currently, I am running Sonoma 14.2.1 (23C71), but it hasnt worked on the desktop un m any previous Rev's.

Very simple description: When I open mSecure, and log in, if I click on "+" to add record, nothing happens. Nothing.

If I select Records>New Record from the top, the only available option is "unassigned". When you click that, nothing happens. Nothing.

Any info on this?

@Bill Hopefully, this will be a quick fix, because we don't have any known bugs causing this type of issue in the newest mSecure 6 release. The first piece of information I need is which version of mSecure you're running. Please open mSecure on your Mac, click "mSecure > About mSecure" in the menubar at the top left of your screen. Which version does it say you are running?

Version 6.1.5 (999)

Ok, that's definitely not the problem. I'm going to have you reset mSecure on your Mac, but before I do that, I need to make sure all your data is intact on your phone. Do you have all your information in mSecure on your iOS device?

Yes, my mobile version synchs up and is current.

Ok, please follow the instructions below to reset mSecure on your Mac and sign back in to your account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

Were you able to delete the database file and sign back in to your account? If so, did that have any effect on the problem Bill?

MIke, I've followed the instructions and, yes, I was able to delete the db file, and sign back in. 

However, this did not resolve my issue - I am still unable to add new records as described in original message above.

Hi Bill,

I'm not sure what's happening here. I have run into this a handful of times with other customers, but the database reset usually takes care of the problem. Since it's not, it may be that something has happened to your data that's causing a problem with the Mac version of the app. I don't know why it wouldn't be affecting the version running on your mobile devices, but something is definitely causing problems on your Mac.

Before we do anything else, I want to make sure this has something to do with your data. We could have done this before, but I was thinking the reset would simply solve the issue. I'm going to have you delete your database again on your Mac, but this time, I'm going to have you turn off syncing first. This will allow you to use the app in a fresh state, because your data won't sync over after you sign in to your account. After we do the test, you'll be able to turn on syncing again, and then your data will return to mSecure on your Mac.

Here are the instructions:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, then click "mSecure" in the menu bar

2. Click "Prefences"

3. Click the "Sync" tab

4. Click the "Sync Via" dropdown and choose "Don't Sync"

Now you're ready to follow the same instructions as before to delete the database file:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now that the database is deleted and syncing has been turned off, go ahead and sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

After you get through the welcome sequence, confirm that your starting from scratch and there are no records showing in the main view. Now go ahead and try to add new record.

Were you able to add new data to the app when it's in a fresh state?

Sorry for the delay. After following last set of instructions (turning of sync & deleting db) and with the app in a fresh state, no records - I am now able to add a record. I am con cerned that if I turn on syncing once again, I could lose all of the data in my current and complete database. Please confirm next steps.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento