Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Migrating data from msecure 4 to 5

My husband has never been able to backup his data from 4. He would just get error messages. He just upgraded to 5, but there's no option to migrate data from 4. When I upgraded, I was given the option to migrate data during the setup of 5. How can we force a migration now that 4 no longer opens? We haven't deleted the old app from his iPhone. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

2 persone hanno questo problema

Hi Barb,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your husband's mSecure apps. The migration feature in mSecure 5 is only triggered if the account is in a fresh state or it is a brand new account. There are a couple of options moving forward depending on what's happening in the old mSecure app. When he opens mSecure 4, is it telling you the app needs to be updated, or is he able to unlock the app and see his data?

Hi Mike.

Last night, I found a response you wrote to someone else, where you recommended resetting the mSecure 5 account and reinstalling the app. I did that, and we finally got the option to migrate the data from mSecure 4 to 5. He couldn't open mSecure 4, so there was no way to generate a backup. But your recommendation and detailed instructions on resetting the mSecure 5 account worked like a charm. All his data migrated from 4 to 5, and we were able to set up iCloud backup. Thank you!

Nice job Barb! It's great to hear you were able to get his data migrated into mSecure 5. Please let me know if you need any other assistance!

Mike and Barb - We are having the exact same problem.  Could you please share the link to the detailed instructions about how to fix this problem. 

@Marcia From a high level, the migration is very simple. You first download mSecure 5 onto the iOS device that has mSecure 4 on it, then you create an account. During the account set up, you'll be asked which sync feature you would like to use, and then after that, mSecure asks if you would like to transfer your data in from mSecure 4. Have you downloaded mSecure 5 and Signed Up for an account yet?

Mike suggested resetting your mSecure account. The link for instructions on how to reset your account is

https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Worked like a charm.

@Barb Thank you for the follow-up on this, and it's great to hear the account reset took care of the issue for you!

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento