Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Login failure on MacPro desktop....

I  cannot logon to mSecure 5.5 that I recently installed on my MacPro running OS 10.10.5. 

I know the password is correct as it is the same one I used on mSecure 3.5.7, I just tried it on the older version, the password works just fine, but not on mSecure 5.5.

How do I reset the password on mSecure 5.5?

Hi Mike,

No, I used the restore function. But after the next restart of the app I was back to square one: mSecure doesn't accept the new password. The old one works fine. Fun side note: The password hint did change to the new one I created with my password reset on my iPhone.

Please let me know how I can reset mSecure on my iPhone so that I can get the two devices syncing again. Also interesting: It didn't do any backups since the problem in February.

Hi Michael,

The restoring of your data has nothing to do with the password you use to unlock the app. The password to unlock the app is your Account password, which we know is messed up right now due to the bug I mentioned earlier. Until we get your account reset, your iPhone will only open using your new password, and your Mac's mSecure app will only open with the old password. Again, restoring a backup will not have any effect on the password that's needed to unlock the app.

What I'm doing now trying to make sure you're data is safe before having your reset your account. That's why I wanted you to try restoring from the most recent backup. The next thing I'm going to have you do is create a new backup on your iPhone, and then see if you see that backup in mSecure's Backups Preferences on your Mac. If that works, then we'll know you can restore from that newest backup you made, and you'll be ready to reset your account. It's a bit confusing to try to explain beforehand, but it all works in the end and should make good sense when I send you the instructions.

To create a new backup on your iPhone:

1. Open mSecure and unlock with your new password
  2. Tap the menu button in the top left corner
  3. Tap Settings
  4. Tap Backups
  5. Tap "Backup Now" to create a new backup
  6. Make sure you see the backup at the top of the list

Now, on your Mac, you'll check to make sure you see that backup which should now be stored in your iCloud Drive account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac and unlock with your old password
  2. Click "mSecure > Preferences" in the menu bar at the top left of your screen
  3. Click the "Backups" tab

Do you see the new backup you just made on your iPhone in the Backups tab of mSecure on your Mac?

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento