Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Trial Version 5.5 - Upgrading from V 3, Start-up, Import, First impressions

Just trying out the new version, not 100% convinced yet. Have the following comments. Also we have some questions about any future upgrades (dot upgrades or version upgrades): 

1. Do you intend to charge upgrades for each new version upgrade? 
  2. Do you intend to charge for each new “dot upgrade”?
  3. How often will new versions be produced? 
  4. Have you addressed all the open issues in each version or is it a try before you buy to see if your version actually works, like this one? 
  5. Will version releases henceforth continue to use the same syncing methods available, as in v 5.5? 
  6. How are upgrades announced? We seem to have missed a version 4 upgrade entirely. 

So far, the problems I have with your new app and systems: 

1. Cannot reset the web log-in password, reset did not generate an email (reported to help desk site without receiving a solution). 
  2. Modification of multiple  records (particularly deleting a group of 10-20 records) takes a very long time. 
  3. The layers of security are, in general, confusing. 
  4. WHERE on my machine is the database file stored? Can it be moved/relocated and still work? It looks like the user data file is in Application Support. I’m not a fan of keeping data and apps together. 
  5. Is the migration of data from mSecure 3 one-way (to version 5.5) or two way? If you modify on one platform is the other affected? 
  6. WHAT data do you store in your cloud if I choose to sync my files elsewhere (e.g., iCloud Sync)? 
  7. Is iCloud Sync relative to the MacOS (iOS) logged in account? Obviously with multiple users logged into this same iCloud account this would automatically be locked in. However, what if this is changed, will it automatically follow? 

Hi Henry,

Thank you for contacting us. I'll try my best to answer all of your questions and(or) issues.

Questions:

1. No
  2. No
  3. As often as needed. We've had about 10 updates to mSecure 5 so far on each platform ( 4 platforms, 10 times = 40 updates)
  4. I don't know what you mean here. The app works. There are a few minor issues, like all apps, and we work to fix any bugs found. A new release will be out for all versions next week that fixes most of the issues currently found.
    1. Mac or updates fixes:
      • Improved printing 
      • Added 1Password importer 
      • Implemented password strength meter in detail view 
      • Added ability to change username from app 
      • Implemented key search when search field doesn’t have focus 
      • Added custom fields importing/exporting via CSV 
      • Implemented saving/restoring type/group selections 
      • Fixed that if MacBook lid is closed, Touch ID isn’t available 
      • Added GDPR compliance 
      • Added reveal button in detail view to reveal single sensitive field 
      • Performance improvement for very large notes 
      • Other minor bug fixes 
    2. iOS
      • Added GDPR compliance 
      • Added 1Password importer (via Mac desktop app) 
      • Fixed a crash with the action extension 
      • Fixed bug where very large notes wouldn’t appear in detail view 
      • Other minor crashing bug fixes 
    3. Android
      • Added GDPR compliance 
      • Add search as you type functions
      • Fixed migration issues with v4 not having login password
      • Fixed migration issue with v4 having a different login password
      • Fixed other minor migration issues
    4. Windows
      • Added GDPR compliance 
      • Added Windows Hello authentication
      • Other minor bug fixes 
  5. I don't understand what you mean here. mSecure 5.5 and above has mSecure Cloud, iCloud, Dropbox, and WiFi syncing. We have no plans to add additional sync features at this time. However, we might be adding sync with a shared file options to the Mac and Windows versions.
  6. We announce major updates/upgrades via email, blog, and(or) our forums

Issues: 

1. We have no known issues with our reset process. Here's the direct link: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/
  2. It can. Yes. 
  3. You can learn about our security model here: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064305-msecure-s-security-model Beyond that, please let me know what exactly is confusing and I'd be happy to walk you through it.
  4. This depends on what platform you are referring to. The Mac version saves the database file in a container folder as dictated by Apple. Removing or deleting the app does not remove the database file on Mac.
  5. Nothing you do in mSecure 5 will ever affect the previous versions of mSecure on any device. Migration only happens once. However, you can always restore from a .mism backup file created in mSecure 3 or 4 in mSecure 5: https://m7software.freshdesk.com/support/solutions/folders/36000176650
  6. Account information is all that is stored on our servers. That is your account email, the license information (paid or not paid account), sync settings (what sync feature you have enabled), and a few other minor account info that works across devices.
  7. I don't follow this question. In order to sync via iCloud syncing, you must be using mSecure 5 on all of your devices, be using the same mSecure account, and also use the same iCloud account on all devices. If you switch iCloud accounts on one device, you must change iCloud accounts on all other devices in order to continue syncing.

Please let me know if you have any other questions here. I'd be happy to answer anything else.

How do i upgrade from version 4 to 7 without a QR code please

Hi Nick,

Thank you for getting in contact with us. If you have an mSecure 6 account, but you can't sign in to it due to not having the QR code, you'll need to reset your account first, which is a simple process. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 6.

For clarification, the old mSecure 4 app is not connected to mSecure 6 in any way. The old app doesn't tie into an account system, because mSecure accounts were introduced in mSecure 5. Therefore, when you reset your mSecure account, it will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. It will simply enable you to have access to your mSecure account again, and it will be in a fresh state so you can migrate the information in from the old app.

Here are the instructions:

1. Delete mSecure 6 from your device(s). Do not delete mSecure 4, as that will destroy the data stored in the app.

2. Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/

3. Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"

4. You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".

5. Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"

6. Install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app

7. Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account

8. Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set

9. Choose the option to import your data from mSecure 4 as you go through the setup process in the app

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento