Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

mSecure Windoes exe?

Hi Mike,

Question for you. Would you ever look at providing a standalone Windows executable for mSecure like you had prior to moving over to MS Store app? Reason I ask is my company has now blocked off access to MS Store app so I can't get any further updates on the app via work. The exe solution would hopefully still work as long as my company allows it.

I think you mentioned it before ages ago that you would consider it, not sure of the effort involved in doing it?

Thanks.

Hi Ai,

We do have this on our radar, but I don't know when it will become available since the amount of work it will take is very large in scale. One of the reasons we have not been able to get the Browser Extensions ported over to the Windows app is due to the UWP architecture of mSecure, which Microsoft was pushing developers to use back before we created mSecure 5. Had we known they were going to ditch that architecture after the failure of the Windows Phones, we definitely would not have created a UWP app.

The good news is, I can make it possible for you to side-load newer versions of mSecure on PCs not connected to the Microsoft Stores. The upgrading in this context is manual, of course, but it does make it possible to continue using the app. Would you be interested in that?

Mike,

I would definitely be interested in that. Whether it would conform to my company's security is another matter, but I would like to try it if possible.

Hi Mike,

Any advice on this?

Thanks

Hi Ai,

I'm sorry I didn't get back to you sooner about this. I just had our developer create a new build for Windows for sideloading. However, I need to give the link to you in an email and not here in the forum. Can you email us at "support@msevensoftware.com" and then let me know here this thread. I'll get the instructions to you via email.

I've just sent the email Mike. Thanks.

I just sent you an email with the instructions Ai!

Mike, 

I am experiencing difficulties in updating to the latest version of mSecure via Microsoft Store. The version I have installed is 6.0.271.0. All other apps seems to be updating okay though. I tried signing in using a different name, uninstalling the app, cleared the cache, did a wsrest reset, etc but nothing seems to solve the issue.

Any chance I could get the link to the standalone Windows executable version?

Thanks!

@Luke At this time, we do not have a stand-alone .exe version of mSecure. It's only available in the Microsoft Store at this time. The only thing that should ever keep you from being able to install an update to an app is if your OS version is not new enough to support the latest version of the app. Can you let me know what version of Windows OS you're using?

Mike, I am using Windows 11 Home.

Edition Windows 11 Home

Version 23H2

OS build 22631.2715

Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22677.1000.0

@Luke Ok, since you're running Windows 11, there should be no problems download mSecure from the Microsoft Store app. Here's a link to Microsoft's Support forum that has help for Microsoft Store issues: Microsoft Store App issues

There are multiple issues addressed in the left column of the page and links at the bottom of the article as well. Please check these out as they should be able to help you figure out the problem.

Were you able to get mSecure installed Luke?

Mike,

I have no problems in installing the app from the store. However, the version downloaded is 6.0.271.0. 

I tried the "Get Updates", but the system does not present me with a newer version.

What should be the latest version available for download?

Hi Luke,

The latest version of mSecure in the App Store is actually 6.1.376.0, so I'm not sure what's happening here. Unfortunately, there is no way for us to force an upgrade to take place, as the Store app simply serves up the version it decides is right for your system.

Real quick, did you ever install a beta version of mSecure in the past? If so, did you send me the same email you're using here in the forum in order for me to get you access to that beta release?

Hi Mike,

I was part of the mSecure beta programme. The email address I used is different from the one in this forum. I will send it across to "support@msevensoftware.com".

I just responded to one of your emails Luke. I'll look forward to hearing from you soon.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire