Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Msecure 6

Any new information on mSecure 6 - release date, pricing, etc?

mSecure 6 will continue the same way as mSecure 5 when you are signing in to the same account. So if you and a spouse, or any other person for that matter, are signed in to the same account, mSecure will show as licensed. The only way groups of people will have to sign up for multiple accounts and pay for each subscription is if they are making use of cross-account sharing. So in your case @Thomas, if you and your wife are signed in to the same account with a paid mSecure 5 license, you will not have to pay for a subscription. Both you and your wife's devices will show as an "Essentials" account (we changed from "Gold"/"Platinum" to "Essentials"/"Premium").

@Paco As mentioned above, if you and your family members are signed in to the same account, then all your family members will have an Essentials license. A subscription will only be required if your family members each have a separate mSecure account.

In the future, we will be offering a Family Plan for mSecure "Premium," but that won't be for some time after release. With the Family Plan, you will have access to at around 6 seats for a monthly cost of $5.99 when paying monthly or $4.99 when paying yearly. That plan will only be available for the "Premium" tier.

@Thomas Since mSecure 6 is installed over the top of mSecure 5, the mSecure 5 database is upgraded when you install v6. I think you understand this, but I'm not totally sure, so forgive me if it sounds like stating the obvious. The only reason a second account was needed was because you needed to have your wife continue using mSecure 5 while you were beta testing v6. With regards to a beta version for iOS, that has been available from the beginning of the beta testing program. If you were to start using the beta version now, you would either need to have you and your wife use v6, or you would need to create a different account so she could continue using v5 without any upgrade messaging.

Hi Mine and thanks for answer. I must have been unclear, sorry for that. As I wrote when I was betatesting I have no problem whatsoever to pay a subscription fee, so I will certainly gopremium. Thecprices you mentioned then is also reasonable. Think you mentioned around 12 usd/ year. Then I have no further questions right now. Have cancelled 1PW, moved everything to mSecure and now crossing my fingers

It looks like the new version has automatically updated on my windows 10 computer, for starters the blue screen is now black and there is an unlocked lock. Upon signing in all my passwords are not encrypted anymore and the screens and fonts are messed up. The app seems to persistently close if I try opening it while not signed on to the internet. The biggest scare is that all the passwords are now showing instead of being encrypted. Also, it says I have 30 days to upgrade but the option to do so is not there. On my phone it says there is an update and directs me to visit the app store, but I have no idea what will happen if I update it right now so I'm afraid to do so. Why I had to search the app store for mSecure instead of it showing in the list of apps with available updates is confusing. I don't know if all my passwords are now vulnerable. I'm afraid my trial will end and I'll lose access to my passwords at this point. The emails I received did not give me the impression you drastically changed the app plus fees nor that there would be a forced update. I have used msecure forever and now I'm concerned about protections until resolved. I am confused. 

Hi Phyllis,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issues you are running into here. There are a few things to discuss, but first let's get to the issue where you are saying your passwords aren't encrypted anymore. What do you mean by that? When you open mSecure, either your password is accepted that you enter in on the lockscreen or you are allowed in using your fingerprint or face recognition through Windows Hello, that data in the app is always decrypted. After you are let into the app, you need to be able to see your information, so I'm not understanding what you mean.

With regards to the app crashing, some customers have run into something similar, and we believe we have this fixed in a new release we just submitted to Microsoft. Hopefully it will be available in the Store by the end of the day. The when it closes, or crashes, the developer believe it's happening due to the auto-backup feature, so you should be able to fix the problem by temporarily disabling auto-backups in the apps Settings. Open mSecure, tap the gear icon in the bottom left corner, then tap Backups in the left column. Try turning off the auto-backup feature there and see if mSecure stops closing on you.

The update process you are describing is normal. The app store is only making the release available to random selections of people until it is available to everyone after one week. For now, if you aren't one of those people selected, you have to search for it deliberately in the store in order to download it.

The email we sent out did talk about how the new app and the subscription model would work. As long as you have an mSecure 5 license, you won't have to purchase a subscription. If you look at your account settings, it will tell you you have an Essentials account and that you have a Premium Trial. Everyone who download mSecure 6 gets the Premium subscription for 30 days, so I'm guessing the trial period is causing the confusion. If there's more going wrong here, it's ok. I'll help you through the process and make sure everything is working correctly.

Regarding the app changing its look, I'm not sure what you are referring to, but it shouldn't be so drastically changed that it's shocking. The colors are a bit different, and the font may be somewhat different in size in places, but again, it shouldn't look like you are going into a totally different app. Can you explain some specifics about what is different? If I can understand more of what you mean, then I can tell you for sure if it's just something new or if something is getting displayed wrong on your PC.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire