Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Password

Need password for old version so I can migrate data to version 5. How do I get that password or migrate data without it??

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the recent iOS update. If you were using Touch or Face ID to unlock mSecure on your iOS device, I should be able to help you retrieve your password. Were you using either of those features to unlock mSecure 4, and is that the reason you have forgotten the password?

The phone app would just open and never asked me for password or fingerprint, so I’m not sure how to answer your question.

Ok, I think we might be dealing with a different issue here. It sounds like you may have been using mSecure without a password, which may cause a problem when trying to migrate, because mSecure 5 requires a password. Have you tried installing mSecure 5 and signing up for a new account? If so, are you asked if you would like to migrate your information from mSecure 4 after choosing which sync feature to use?

Yes I have the new account and password for that app, but skipped the migrate question initially and tried to go back to it with no success. I also tried deleting the new app and starting again and it did not offer me the option to migrate data.

When needing to migrate, your mSecure 5 account has to be in a fresh state, so you not only need to reinstall mSecure 5, but you also need to reset your account. You can do that following the steps below.

The first step is to simply delete mSecure 5 from your device. After you have deleted the app, follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, reinstall mSecure 5 from the App Store app, then sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

Did all the above. Got to page to import data and it asked for Msecure4 password which I do not have. What now?

If you were using Touch or Face ID to unlock mSecure on your iOS device, I should be able to help you retrieve your password. Were you using either of those features to unlock mSecure 4, and is that the reason you have forgotten your password?

Also, let's keep all correspondence here in this thread. It's difficult to keep everything straight when there are multiple threads dealing with the same issue. I'm going to delete the other thread now.

Not sure what I was using to unlock MSecure 4, because it never asked me for any identifier. I just clicked on app and it opened. How do I then proceed w/o a password or some other identifier?
Hi Mike. I hope you got my most recent post - sent this morning. This is very frustrating.

I apologize when response times get longer than normal. We're dealing with an incredible amount of requests, so there are times when I'm not able to respond as quickly as I would like.

Are you saying that you did not have a password set for the mSecure 4 app? If I understand you correctly, you opened the app, and you didn't have to enter a password, and you also didn't have to use Touch or Face ID to unlock it. Is that correct?

Yes, that is correct. No password was needed to open my older app, so am stuck when I get to the import page on new version.

Ok, I think I know how we're going to have to do this, and it's going to feel like a very strange process. However, if everything works the way I think it will, it's the only way we're going to be able to fix this. However, it will be best to this via email support instead, because I'm going to need to get your Apple ID from you. I just found the latest email I sent to you in our email support system, where I told you we'll keep going in the forum, so I'll respond to that email, and we'll finish up via email.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire