Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Unable to restore mSecure 5.7.2

Dear customer support,

I'm contacting you concerning an issue I'm having with the Restore functionality of your Android App.

When I select  the Restore option, it shows me "Empty directory" message on the "Device/mSecure5/Backups" directory, although the directory contains *.msib files.

I'd appreciate if you could please assist me at your earliest convenience. 

Best regards,

Ben

Hi Ben,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. You are running into a known issue we are experiencing since the release of Android 11. In the new OS, mSecure no longer has access to the file system on the device, so it's not able to read and write to its own directories. We are currently working to solve the problem, and a new release will be available very soon.

However, the new release will most likely not cause older backups to appear. It will only make it so that new backups can be created and restored from in the future.

Real quick, can you let me know why you are trying to restore from a backup file? It's possible that if I understand the context I can help you get your data restored a different way. Also, do you have access to your information in any version of mSecure running on any of your devices? 

Hi Mike,

Thanks for your prompt response.

I'm using Android version 10, is it the same problem as you mentioned?

Regarding your question, I factory reset my device so I want to restore my passwords.

How can I restore it in different way?

Best regards,

Ben

You are describing the same problem as we are seeing in Android 11, so it should be the exact same issue in version 10 as well. Do you have a different Android device running a version of Android lower than 10, or do you have a desktop computer by chance?

Also, I'm working on testing a new build now, and it's getting close to ready for release. If all goes as planned, it should be available in the Play Store by tomorrow. Our developer is working on an issue found during testing, so as soon as I get a new build back from him, I'll start more testing.

Hi Mike,

I do have a desktop computer, and my daughter has a Samsung S8 device with lower Android version...

As long as your desktop computer is running Windows 10, you can use that device to restore your data, then it will sync over to mSecure 5 running on your Android device. If you are running Windows 10, go ahead and open this link to install mSecure from the Microsoft Store: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/msecure-5/9nblggh62pc8

After it's installed, you can sign in to your account. You will have to authenticate as the owner of your account, and you can find instructions for doing that here: Account Authentication

Were you able to download mSecure onto your PC and get signed in to your account Ben?

Hi Mike,

I've downloaded the Windows 10 app to my PC and restored the records.

How can I sync the password between my PC and Andorid phone? 

I've done the sync setting on the windows app using WiFi , but on the phone the sync status of the Client is <unknown ssid>....

It's good to hear you were able to get everything working on your PC! Before we move forward with Wi-Fi syncing, are you wanting to use that sync feature in particular, or would you be willing to use mSecure Cloud syncing instead? mSecure Cloud syncing is secure and incredibly user-friendly, so it's the sync feature we recommend our customers use. Let me know which sync feature you would like to use, and we'll get everything working.

Hi Mike,

I prefer to use the Wi-Fi syncing for now...

No problem at all Ben. You should be able to get Wi-Fi syncing to work using the instructions in this article: WiFi Syncing Issues

Hi Mike,

I finally succeeded to restore it :)

Thank you very much for your help!!!!

Best regards,

Ben

No problem at all Ben! It's great to hear everything is working now. Please let us know should you need further assistance.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire