Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

CAN'T LOG into account on new android phone

Same password I've had since 2013, still works on iPhone 6S, won't open newly downloaded app on Galaxy A51

Thank you for contacting us. It's possible you have downloaded mSecure 5 onto your A51 but are still running mSecure 4 on your iPhone. When you look at the icons for mSecure on both devices, are they both the same color? The mSecure 4 icon is a bright blue, and the mSecure 5 icon is a very dark blue. Which icon is on each device?

I just changed android phones and I backed up my mSecure5 on my old phone the night before and thought I had everything covered since I wrote down my password at home the last time I changed phones, however I can't seem to find it now. Is ther any way to reset my app login password? Also, I made a new login using different UN and PW, can I open my backup file with this login, or do I need the old password? Thanks.

Hi Hugh,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our customer's password or the information stored in their mSecure account, so there is no way for us to retrieve either of those items. Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change an account's password when mSecure is not accepting the password the user is entering. The account itself can be reset in order to gain access to it again, but in that case, the data stored in the account is deleted. 

Also, regarding your last question, even though you created a new account, you still need to know the password that was used when a backup was created in order to restore the data contained in that file. The password is used to encrypt the data, and only that same exact password can used to decrypt it.

I changed phones and now msecure wont take my password.

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Typically our customers that find themselves in this situation are trying to make use of the newer mSecure 5 app when they were using the older version of the app on their previous device. Do you remember which version of mSecure you were running on your old phone? Also, do you happen to still have access to your old phone and, if so, are you able to open and unlock mSecure on that device?

I have been using msecure 5 for several years on both my desk top my android phones and  my I pad.  When I tried to log in from my phone or Ipad, I can not get in but I can get on via my desktop.  I read the article about the requirement to set up a new account but need to  have some help here.  WE want to be able to get to msecure on 2 android phones ( me and my wife) , our desktop and on two i pads

Hi David,

Thank you for contacting us. I'm not sure which version of mSecure you are using, and I can't find an account in our system with the email address you are using here in the forum. Since you can open mSecure on your desktop, what version of mSecure is running on that device? Also, do you see all your information in mSecure on your PC?

I change new android phone, but my msecure can not sync, there are not any thing

I'm sorry to hear of the problem you're experiencing @Quảng Lý Văn. Do you still have access to your old phone, and if so, are you able to open mSecure on that device?

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire