Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Touch ID suddenly not working

Hi! My touch ID suddenly isn’t working. When I opened msecure on my iphone, i got a message saying touch ID not working. It surprised me coz I didn’t do anything. Problem is it seems I’ve forgotten my password coz it isn’t working. I closed the app and tried re-logging in again but this time touch ID was not given as a choice and no message appeared. How did this happen and how can I now open my account? How can touch ID get disabled suddenly?

1 personne a le même problème

Hi Candice,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing. If you have forgotten your account's password, you can learn how to reset your account and create a new account password here: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064228

My Touch ID does not work. I can use my password to get to my account, but I really want my Touch ID because of the convenience.

Hi Larstern,

What happens when you try to enable Touch ID in mSecure's Settings? As long as your device supports Touch ID, you should see a toggle in the Settings to enabled the feature.

I have a MacBook Pro with Touch Bar and I cannot enable touch on my mSecure preferences.  It does work on my iPad OS.

I get a message that "This device does not have touch capability."  This is a fairly new computer and I transferred my applications over from my old one.  Do I need to re-download the mSecure app?  My version is 5.7.2 and I don't see any updates available.

Hi Les,

When you try to turn on Touch ID in mSecure, is the lid to your laptop open or closed? If the lid is open, you should have no problem turning on Touch ID. If the lid is closed, I believe the OS tells mSecure that Touch ID is not available, and if that’s the case, we‘ll need to look into giving the user a better message to help them know what’s happening.

Let me know if the lid is closed or open, and we‘ll continue troubleshooting if needed.

Only way I open is type in password the toggle is green as if it is on there is small fingerprint symbol but when I try to open app nothing happens I use home button as I open all other apps but yours won’t open

What happens when you open mSecure and you click on the red fingerprint icon at the bottom of the lock screen? Do you see the TouchID dialog get displayed telling you to use your fingerprint on the sensor in the top right of your keyboard?

In fact, this is a very common problem. I have used third-party tools to solve it before. It seems to be called TunesKit iOS System Recovery. In recent years, the iPhone has lost the function of fingerprint unlocking, and the discussion on this issue is less than before. But in the future, the iPhone may bring fingerprint unlocking back. After all, it's a feature that many people love.

@Indigo I'm not sure what you mean here. Are you saying you're having problems with Touch ID unlock for mSecure on an older phone? If you are, I'm sure I can help you fix it pretty quickly.

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire