Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

please resend my license key

I have had mSecure for many years and do not have my license key for the original version.   I also bought the new version and did not receive the email with the new codes as it says in your documentation.  I'd like to stay with the old version and just need the my key.  Thank you

Hi Debbie,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  mSecure 5 has no activation keys, license, or serial number. The purchase of an mSecure 5 license is tied to the mSecure account used to purchase it with. mSecure 5 does have an account authentication process for security purposes though.

The way our security system works, you should have received the authentication email after you first signed in to your mSecure account the very first time in mSecure 5 on May 30th 2017. We have found that for some customers the email gets placed in either a spam/junk folder or some other folder in their email app do to rules set up to automatically route incoming emails. Make sure to run a search in your email app to see if you can find an email from: "no-reply@msecure.com". Be sure to run a search specifically from inside your spam folder as some apps omit this folder when searching for emails.

Unfortunately, if you are unable to find your mSecure Authentication email, there is no way for mSeven Software to resend it to you. In order to maintain the security of your account, we do not have the information needed to retrieve your account key. The only way to resend the Authentication email is for the owner of the account to resend it from the Account Settings from within the mSecure app.

You can go here to learn how to resend the authentication email on all devices if you still have access to your mSecure account in mSecure 5 on a device: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064234

If you have lost access to your Authentication email or access to your mSecure account on a device, you will need to go through an account reset to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/support/solutions/articles/36000064228

As for mSecure 3, I found a purchase for Debbie Rochon for mSecure 3 for Windows in our system. I have asked our system to send your purchase confirmation email to you again. This email has your serial number/license key in it. Please let me know if you do not receive this email by the end of the day.

On 1/6/20 I bought the upgrade/version 5; I rcvd the receipt email but I can't seem to figure out the next step.  email is milan_vrzic@yahoo.com

Hi Milan,

Thank you for contacting us! I just checked your "milan_vrzic@yahoo.com" account, and everything looks good. It does show that you don't have a sync feature chosen yet, but mSecure Cloud syncing can be turned on in the any of the app's Sync Settings.

When you say can't figure out the next step, can you explain that in more detail? Your account shows that you have at least a couple of devices running mSecure 5 and that they have signed in to your account. Are you needing help with anything in particular?

Also, can you let me know if you were using the older version of mSecure, and if so, are you still able to access that information in the older app on at least one of your devices?

I guess I need step by step instructions.  Want to upgrade to version 5 on ipod, then have access on my new cell and my laptop.

I can help you transfer your information over to mSecure 5. Before I can do that, however, I need to know some specifics of your current context. First, how many devices to you currently have running the older version of mSecure? Are you still able to access your information in the older app on at least one of your devices.

Also, you mention upgrading to mSecure 5 on your iPod, have you installed mSecure 5 on that device, and if so, are you able to open and unlock it, or is is requiring you to sign up or sign in to an account?

I use the old version on ipod (can access) and on laptop (have not tried).  I have new version on ipod and I bought this new version via this same laptop, I can sign in on ipod but then it asks me for QR code (attached)

Hi Milan,

The QR code is a form of 2-factor authentication we use to make sure you are the owner of the account you are signing in to. That code is sent out one time when you first sign up for your account. In this case, your account was created back in March of 2019, so it's likely you no longer have access to that email.

The good news is, you have all your data in mSecure 4 on your iPod, so I can just have you reset your mSecure 5 account, and then you will be able to access the account again and transfer your data. To be clear, mSecure 5 is not connected to your mSecure 4 data, so resetting your mSecure 5 account will not have any effect on the data stored in the old app.

You can follow the instructions here to reset your account: Account Reset

After the reset and after reinstalling mSecure 5 (not mSecure 4) go ahead and sign back in to your account. During the welcome process, you should be asked if you would like to import your data from mSecure 4. If that doesn't happen for some reason, let me know, and I'll help you with making the transfer.

Ok.  Found the QR code email and have successfully gotten in to the secure 5 app.  How to go about importing?  Please advise and as always, your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Milan

It's great to hear you were able to find the QR code for your account! To transfer your data, you can follow these steps as long as you have mSecure 5 already installed on your iPod and you have signed in to your account. If you haven't done that yet, go ahead and do so now, then follow the instructions in the article: Transfer information from mSecure 4 to mSecure 5 on your mobile device

Were you able to get your information transferred into mSecure 5, and is the data syncing between all your devices?

Yes I was able to follow the steps you provided and I've restored the data into version 5 on the ipod; I've also used similar steps to restore the data onto version 5 on my laptop.  Now I would like to get the app on my new android phone (I will download the app) and try to restore from email in this similar method you described.  Once I can get it on my android I want to delete msecure from my ipod (trying to phase out the ipod).  So my future state is going to be on my laptop and on my cell phone - are there any tips on how to set the settings so that there is never any lag between these 2 devices?  Thank you so much for your continued support

It's great to hear everything is working now on your iPod and laptop! I checked your account, and you already using mSecure Cloud syncing, so you don't need to restore your data again on any other devices. The syncing doesn't take place instantaneously, but after changes are made on one device and then mSecure is opened on another, the changes will be synced in.

Were you able to install mSecure on your Android device, and if so, did the data sync over to it?

having a hard time finding version 4 for android so that i can sync it to that, then migrate that data to version 5

when i tried to restore version 5 using the backup file from email, i cant figure out how to point version 5 to the location of the back-up file

when i start at the file location, the phone tells me i dont have the app to open it  - points me to the play store and version 5, i tap open and i get into the same position as above - i cant figure out how to point version 5 to the location of the back-up file

any further direction would be appreciated - thanks.

Hi Milan,

For now, you're going to need to do all of the transfer of your data on your iPod. That will be the easiest thing to do. After your information is transferred over from the old app to the mSecure 5 on that device, then all mSecure apps signed in to your account will sync in your information. You do not need to restore from the backup you have on more than the iPod. That only needs to be done on the one device, because after the restore takes place on the one device, the data is added to your account and then syncing will take place to move the data over to other devices. Does that make sense?

For now, I only want to work with your iPod and your laptop. After those devices are syncing, then we'll move over to your Android device. First, please confirm for me that you are able to access all your information in mSecure 5 on your iPod. Go ahead and open mSecure 5 (not mSecure 4) and unlock the app. Do you see all your information?

Next, open mSecure 5 on your laptop, and unlock the app. Are you able to open an unlock mSecure on that device? If so, do you see all your information in mSecure 5 on the laptop?

If you see your information in both mSecure apps on your iPod and laptop, please click the button to add a record in both apps. Choose to add a Secure Note type record, and then add dummy data in the record's fields. After creating a dummy record on both devices, wait for about 2 minutes. Did the iPod record sync over to your laptop, and did the laptop record sync over to the iPod?

Okay - I think I am all caught up.  Opened ipod V5 - added a test-note.  Opened laptop v5 and added a test note.  Even opened Android V5 (saw my data!) and added a test note.  A short while later when I checked each device, I could see ALL the test notes and the count of records was the same for all devices 396 entries.

So, I think at this time I am all set (or is there something I am missing?).  I'll give it a couple days, but then I am going to delete both V4 & V5 from my ipod and put that device away.

I can't say thank you enough for your support and information through this transition.  Really really appreciate it.  Thank you so much!!!

Connexion ou Inscription pour poster un commentaire