Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Support mSecure

Inconsistent syncing on mSecure used between android and windows 10

I'm having major issues here. I use mSecure on my handset (Pixel 2 on Android Oreo) and Windows 10 laptop (xps 13). There is no consistency with syncing. Basically, I will update a password on my phone at work, and then get home and use mSecure on my laptop and the new password will not be synced for that contact. When I then go back on to my phone, I find that the new password I created is no longer there, as if I never made a new password. Something is being messed up during the sync. I'm leaning towards moving to a different password manager at this point.

2 personnes ont le même problème

Hi G,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you're experiencing. Our system shows that you are using mSecure 5 on all available platforms. Is this issue only present between your Windows computer and Android device? My first recommendation here would be for you to reinstall mSecure 5 on those devices and see if that fixes your issues.

Please make sure to have access to your QR code before reinstalling the app: https://support.msecure.com/knowledge-base/re-send-authentication-email

I also have the app installed on an iPad and an old macbook, although I rarely use the apple devices. I'll try reinstalling in all devices to see if I run in to the problem any more.

So I clean installed the app on all of my devices and I'm still having the same syncing issues. Sorry, this won't work for me.

I would check the modified dates to check there are none that are in the future (this is a bug which I had thought was fixed but seems to have returned).

Hi G Nag,

Ben is correct here. Please check to see if the Last Modified date for your records is way in the future. Thankfully, it shouldn't take too long to fix the issue if that is what is causing your issues here. Ben, I believe this issue might have been fixed already. However, our last update was a bit staggered with the iOS/Mac apps being updated almost 10 days sooner than the other platforms so the issue could have still been around before the Android and Windows versions were updated.

There are definitely entries with Last Modified dates far in the future. I have uninstalled the client on my Macbook just to simplify things - mSecure is now only installed on my android phone and windows 10 laptop. I'll search the forums here for solving the Last Modified dates issues unless you can comment with the appropriate links here.

Hi G Nag,

I'm sorry I didn't respond sooner. I don't believe we have the steps available anywhere on the forum. Here are the steps to fix the date modified issue just in case you are still needing them:

1. Disable syncing
  2. Delete the data.mssb sync file if using Dropbox or iCloud syncing (Dropbox/Apps/mSecure 5/userId/data.mssb or iCloud/mSecure/userId/data.mssb)
  3. Uninstall mSecure 5 from all devices besides a single instance of Mac or Windows
  4. Bulk delete all of your records (CTRL+a in the main view to select all or Command+a for Mac)
  5. Bulk recover all of your records (recover records from the "Deleted Items" section)
  6. Enable syncing again
  7. Reinstall mSecure 5 on all of your devices

Hey - meant to follow up a while ago. This did work. 

Hi,

This has worked for anyone experiencing the issue. If it's not working for you, you are not removing the sync file or information and the information from our mSecure Cloud, Dropbox, or iCloud is syncing in the records with issues. Please ty this again:

1. Disable syncing
  2. Delete the data.mssb sync file if using Dropbox or iCloud syncing (Dropbox/Apps/mSecure 5/userId/data.mssb or iCloud/mSecure/userId/data.mssb)
  3. Uninstall mSecure 5 from all devices besides a single instance of Mac or Windows
  4. Bulk delete all of your records (CTRL+a in the main view to select all or Command+a for Mac)
  5. Bulk recover all of your records (recover records from the "Deleted Items" section)
  6. Enable syncing again
  7. Reinstall mSecure 5 on all of your devices

I'm having this issue also.  

I am not using DropBox or iCloud.  Direct master/slave sync only. 

Can I recover what was overwritten by a corrupt sync?  

This has become a nightmare because the slave has overwritten the master after a series of passwords changes on two dozen accounts. I'm locked out of these accounts now. 

Hi Eric,

I'm not sure I understand what you mean here. However, when syncing via WiFi syncing, your computer is the sync server or sync origin. All other devices must use it to sync. The way sync in general works is that when you make a change in mSecure 5 on a device, it will communicate with the sync server, the sync server and client will check to see when they last synced, and check on any changes. The app on your device will check the last sync date on the sync server and check for the changes compared between the sync server and your device. If it detects changes, it will sync based on record id and last modified date.

All this said, it sounds like you are having some other kind of issue here. Either way, you should be able to fix your issue by disabling syncing, uninstall mSecure 5 on all devices except a single instance (recommend leaving it on a computer), afterwards, modify your information as needed, enable syncing, and install mSecure 5 on all of your devices again.

Note: mSecure 5 does create auto backups on Android, iOS, and Mac. It can also create auto backups on Windows. However, you have to manually enable that feature. Because of that, you could have a backup you can use to restore and fix you information here after disabling syncing and uninstalling mSecure 5 from all devices except one: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/36000114421

Sync for desktop works and I see the file on Dropbox.

Sync on driod (Samsung S8) gives me an error "Send error to Server"

Running 4.0.6.003 on droid and 3.5.6 on laptop

Hi Ron,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing. You describe using Dropbox in one sentence and then go on to talk about errors to server. What sync feature are you trying to use here? You could be trying to use Dropbox or WiFi syncing here:

Set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 3 for Windows: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000034889-dropbox-syncing-windows-3-5-7

Set up Dropbox syncing in mSecure 4 for Android: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000028451-dropbox-syncing-android-4-0-6

Use WiFi syncing between mSecure 4 for Android and mSecure 3 for Windows: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000111146-wifi-syncing-between-android-and-windows-older-versions

Note that this issue was about syncing with mSecure 5 and not mSecure 3 or 4. Because of that, I have closed this discussion. Create your own topic to go over your own issues here.

Les commentaires de cette discussion sont désormais fermés !