Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Unable to login to Msecure 6 on laptop

I had an issue with Msecure 6 on my laptop (Windows 11) last week.  I attempted a reset, then a fix/repair, and then uninstalled and reinstalled.  My machine has all the latest updates.

When Msecure asked me for my username (my email address) and password I entered it and then received a message that my username/password is wrong.  

Presently, I'm using Msecure on my PC and iPhone without issue thus far.  

I need this working on all my devices as my laptop is my work laptop.  How do I get this fixed ASAP?  

I've been using this product for over ten years with no issues but I am not very satisfied with this latest update which appears to be thrown together without much testing.  

Hi Paul,

I'm not sure what's happening here, but mSecure does not change your password out from underneath you. If the password you are entering is not being accepted, that means the app is not able to decrypt the security information stored in the app that then allows it to decrypt your data. It's a complicated process, but if the security information cannot be decrypted, then the password that was entered is not the password that was used to encrypt it in the first place.

Also, mSecure 6 was released to a public beta program for longer than 6 months, as well as being tested internally for much longer than that. While I know you are disappointed that something is not working the way you would like it to, the fact that you are having a problem doesn't then mean the new version is the problem. It also doesn't mean the new version wasn't tested well. At this point, we have no idea what is happening and why, so assuming it was caused by a new release is not helpful at all.

In your first sentence, what do you mean that you had an issue with mSecure 6 on your laptop last week? What happened to your installation that made it so you had to fix and repair something and then reinstall the app? Whatever happened there, that's not something that can be caused by the app installed on your computer. Installed apps don't cause problems for themselves like this.

Next, if you reinstalled the app, the username and password you need to enter is the same one you would have been using if you had mSecure 5 installed previously or mSecure 6 installed on any of your other devices. What version of mSecure are you running on your PC and iPhone? Also, please check the account settings in each mSecure app on those devices and let me know what email address you see in those apps.

I want to install mSecure 6 on my wife's Apple Mac.  I had previously installed mSecure on her Mac using my account and username/email.  I moved mSecure to the Trash and downloaded and installed a new mSecure 6 install.  Now hen I start mSecure it still shows my username/email and I cannot change it to my wife's email saying that the account already exists.  I registered my wife's account in order to purchase an additional mSecure app.  Help!

Dan Heather

jdanheather@gmail.com

@Dan In order to reset mSecure on a Mac, you have to delete the database file, because it persists through the app being deleted.

To reset mSecure on your Mac:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.

2. Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.

3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"

4. Close mSecure

5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash

Now you have reset the Mac app, and you're ready to sign back in to your mSecure account:

1. Open mSecure on your Mac if it is closed

2. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen

3. Click "Sign In"

Enter your mSecure account's email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario