Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Lost My Data with the Upgrade!

I subscribed to the new upgrade because I understand mSeven needs to run a business and I have been a loyal customer since the product was released. Too my dismay, it turned out to be a major mistake. Following the upgrade process, many of the changes I made over the last few months were gone. I submitted a support ticket and got a generic response referring me to a support page that didn’t address the issue. As instructed, I resubmitted another ticket raising the issue. After not hearing back for more than a week, I decided I would try to restore from a back up that was two weeks old - that was a BIG mistake. After the restore, I lost all of my data, except one record. I trusted mSecure with my life’s records and now no longer have access to them, and nobody is available to help me. I am not sure how I will ever be able to recover all of the information and it is very upsetting! Out of desperation, I found an old iPhone and opened mSecure and fortunately got access to an older version of my data (don’t know how old it is), but at least it would help me start to rebuild my life. I emailed myself an encrypted back up, but have no idea how to restore from that file, as there is nothing on their support forums that speaks to this. I updated my “ticket” but have heard nothing back. I am desperate, can someone help me?

1 Persona tiene esta pregunta

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. Before you try to restore your data from the older data, I would like to see if you may have set up automatic backups in mSecure 5. Please open mSecure on your PC, click the gear icon in the bottom left corner of the app, then click Backups in Settings. Is the automatic backup setting turned on, and/or do you see a list of backups on that screen?

Unfortunately, auto back up was not on and there are no back up files 

Hi Michael,

If there are no backup files, unfortunately, there's no more we can do except for restore the data from the backup you emailed your self. To do that, you can open the email you send yourself, and download the attached backup file to your PC's desktop. After that, open mSecure on your PC, then tap the gear icon in the bottom left corner. In Settings, click Backups, then click the option to restore from a backup. Locate the backup file on your desktop, and you should have no problems restoring the data.

Were you able to restore from your email backup Michael?

Yes, I was able to restore to old back up.

Hi Michael,

It's great to hear you were able to restore your data. Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario