Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Forgot Password

I just upgraded my phone and I’ve been using FaceID to unlock my app and have forgotten the password and now can’t login on my new phone. What can I do to reset my password?

2 personas tienen esta pregunta

@Rebecca I'm sorry to hear about the situation you find yourself in here. Unfortunately, there's nothing we can do to help with either of these issues. We don't have access to the data stored in your mSecure app, and we also don't get your password for your mSecure app. At this time, there is no account recovery feature for mSecure, so there is just now way we can help you get access to your information. I'm guessing you used Touch or Face ID to unlock mSecure, so the only thing that can help is getting access to your phone. However, I can't find a way to get access to an iPhone without resetting it first.

I'm sorry I don't have better news here Rebecca. I'm not sure if there is a way to get emergency access to your iPhone, but you might try going to an Apple Store to see if there is some way they can help.

I have my QR code. Does that help with anything? Also doesn’t it  lock you out after so many unsuccessful attempt to login with the password?

@Rebecca The QR code you have is encrypted with your account password, so without that password, that code cannot be used. It's part of the owner authentication feature, so that if it can be decrypted with your account password, then mSecure knows you are the owner of the account.

For trying different passwords to sign in to mSecure, at some point you'll be told you have tried too many times, but you get a lot of tries. Have you seen that message yet?

Forgot my password can you heló my

@Irma Due to the security build into the app, we don't ever get access to more than the email address you use for your mSecure account, so there is no way to retrieve the password for you. 

If you are trying to upgrade from an older version of mSecure, and you are still able to access the data stored in that version of the app, please let me know. As long as you have access to your information in any version of mSecure, you should be able to import that data into the newest version of mSecure. 

Do you happen to have access to your data in any version of mSecure?

Forgot my msecure6 password

@Irma I understand you have forgotten your password. Did you see my previous response to you where I explained how we don't have access to your password and then asked if you had access to your data in any version of mSecure? Here is that post so you don't have to find it earlier on in the thread:

---

Due to the security build into the app, we don't ever get access to more than the email address you use for your mSecure account, so there is no way to retrieve the password for you. 

If you are trying to upgrade from an older version of mSecure, and you are still able to access the data stored in that version of the app, please let me know. As long as you have access to your information in any version of mSecure, you should be able to import that data into the newest version of mSecure. 

Do you happen to have access to your data in any version of mSecure?

---

OMG Nick is there a way I can eliminate my actual app and get a new one? I already tried and recognices the actual one

Hi Irma,

You can delete mSecure and reset our account, but if you do that, the data stored in the app will be destroyed. Are you OK with starting over from scratch having to re-enter your data into mSecure?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario