Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Unable to Sign in

I have just bought the pro version för msecure 5 and downloaded it on my Iphone. I got the reciept to my mailadress.

I have had older version of msecure for many years.

When I try to Sign in with my e-mail I'm asked for o QR-cod from a authentification mail, which I don't have got.

Then I try to Sign Up with my e-mail, but it says "A user with that email already exist" (I hope it's mine)

1 Persona tiene este problema

Hi Seija,

The reason this is happening is because the account already exists, and you are trying to sign in to it. In that case, you have to authenticate as the owner of the account, which is what the QR code does. I checked for an account using the email you using here in the forum, and I did find your mSecure account. It was created back in May of 2019, so I'm guessing you just don't remember the purchase and no longer have the QR code. This too is not uncommon.

If you are trying to upgrade from the old mSecure app, this is no problem at all. In order to migrate your information into mSecure 5, your account has to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account before you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 5.

For clarification, mSecure 4 is not connected to mSecure 5 in any way. It doesn't have an account system, which was introduced with mSecure 5. If you reset your mSecure 5 account, it will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4.

The first step is to simply delete mSecure 5 from all your devices. If you have a Mac computer running mSecure 5, stop here and let me know before proceeding, because it doesn't help to simply delete the app from your Mac when it comes to resetting the app. IMPORTANT: mSecure 5 has to be completely deleted/reset on ALL your devices. If this is not done, it can lead to very bad consequences

After you have deleted the app from all your devices, follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, reinstall mSecure 5 from the App Store app on the iOS device you are seeing the message that mSecure 4 needs to be updated, then sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device if the data is not migrated after following the steps above. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario