Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Stop using mSecure

I Had mSecure 4 on my iPhone and as you are aware it is no longer being supported. mSecure5 is the new version but very hard to access and I am not sure I can transfer my passwords to M5. If I decide not to go to M5 what happens to all of my data in mSecure4. This was a great App but just too difficult to move data, etc. I need to recreate all my data in another more user friendly AP but worried about the data lost in M4. Thanks.

Can you explain why it's difficult for you to use mSecure 5? It shouldn't be difficult, so if I have some information, I can help. Regarding using mSecure 4, the data stored in it will be deleted if you delete and reinstall the app, and it's not going to be updated, so there really is no way around moving the data over to mSecure 5.

If I enroll in M5 will my M4 passwords be transferred? where I am having difficulty is signing in to M5.  I use the same email that I used for M4 and When I put in my password it does not take or give me the oppty to reset a new password.

When I try to access M5 it askes for a log in and password. I use my email that I used for M4. When I insert my password that I used for M4, it will not take it. 

Hi Greg,

The old mSecure app doesn't have an account system, so it's likely you don't have an account yet, and this is probably causing the confusion you are experiencing. mSecure accounts were introduced in mSecure 5. When asked, can you try signing up for a new account instead of trying to sign in to an existing account? After doing that, were you able to create and account, and, after choosing which sync feature to use, were you able to import your information from mSecure 4?

When I try to create an account in mSecure 5 with my existing email, it asks for my password, When I put my password that I used in mSecure4, it does not work. No other option for creating a new password.

In order to migrate your information into mSecure 5, your account has to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account before you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 5.

The first step is to simply delete mSecure 5 from all your devices, and if you have a Mac computer signed in to this account, stop here and let me know before proceeding. IMPORTANT: mSecure 5 has to be completely reset on ALL your devices. If this is not done, it can lead to very bad consequences.

After you have deleted the app from all your devices, follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, reinstall mSecure 5 from the App Store app, then sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario