Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Migrating to 5

My secure app on my phone says that it needs to be updated. I did my research and could see that if I loaded v5 on my pc I would get the option to migrate all of my passwords. I had a go but did not get the option to migrate the passwords. Now I've got a new empty v5 and it won't let me try again. I know my password and login! 

Help, yours desperately

Hi Martin,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're experiencing after the recent iOS update. The mSecure 5 app needs to be installed on the same device that mSecure 4 is running in order to trigger the migration when you sign in to the account. After following the steps below, I'll help you reset mSecure on your laptop, but we don't need to worry about that now.

In order to migrate your information into mSecure 5, your account has to be in a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account before you try to sign in to mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the sign in process in mSecure 5.

The first step is to simply delete mSecure 5 from your iOS device if it has been installed. After you have deleted the app, follow the steps in this support article to reset your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset

Next, reinstall mSecure 5 from the App Store app, then sign in to your account using your account's Username (email address) and the new password you just set. After you choose which sync feature you would like to use, you should see the screen asking if you would like to import your data in from mSecure 4.

IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.

Thanks very much your reply Mike. I can now see where I went wrong. I was doing it on my laptop not the phone, so not on the same device.

However, in the meantime I was looking at the new v 5 and found that I could upload a backup so I went to my latest backup which I'd emailed to myself, uploaded the file and all my passwords reappeared. Happy days! Thanks again.

Just one last question please. Does this all mean that I will have to pay for mSecure from now on?

Hi Martin,

It's great to hear you were able to restore from a backup of your data! Restoring from a backup is actually the easiest way to migrate, but the vast majority of customers we are speaking to in this context don't have access to one, so it's something we talk about a little later in the process. Regarding cost, mSecure 5 is paid upgrade, but it doesn't have a recurring charge. Also, we have an ongoing sale right now on our website, so please be sure to purchase from there if you are going to purchase a Pro license.

Is it my understanding if I deleted the Msecure 4 from my phone I won't be able to retrieve my data?  It said my app needed to be updated to work with the new IOs version. 

In the past with other apps if I deleted then re-installed they would automatically be updated.  If this is the case how is a customer to know this in advance without any warning whatsoever.

Christian B

@Christian I saw your post in the other thread, so I will answer there to keep all correspondence in one place.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario