Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

mSecure 6

In a recent reply on the Feature Requests section of the Forum it was announced that mSecure 6 would be available soon and that major enhancements we have been waiting for would not be implemented in mSecure 5.

Will mSecure 6 be considered a completely new product? Will existing customers be expected to pay for this new product in order to get any enhancements?

Will mSecure 5 remain available? Will it still be maintained with bug fixes and security issues?

Will the databases be compatible between these products?

Are there any other implications for existing loyal customers?

3 personas les gusta esta idea

No problem at all @Georgios! Thank you for your interest in the new version of mSecure, and let me know if you have other questions in the future.

Hi Mike,

You added me to the list of beta testers over a year ago before there was even a whiff of a beta for v6. I was hoping to have been notified of a beta. Just logged on to the forums and I see that several folks have access to a beta. Can you please put me on the beta bandwagon? Thanks

Hi Vishal,

I don't think I had you send an email to our support system, so that is my fault for not getting you a notification. I'm sorry for that, and I'll get you added now.

Here is the link to the email we sent beta testers to get some information required for gaining access to the app: mSecure 6 Beta Pre-Release

And here is a link to the beta 1 release email we sent out to the testers. It outlines the process for getting access to the beta on all platforms, and also introduces the new version of mSecure: mSecure 6 Beta Release

One thing to mention, don't try to download the Mac version from information in the link above. It's no longer available, so the link is just a dead link. I will be sending you out the last beta notification we sent a couple of weeks ago after I get the information 

After I get your information, I'll add you to the beta testing list!

Hi Mike, any update on how v6 is progressing and when it will be available to go live?

@Ai We're now in the process of working out all of the details before the public launch. Each platform is feature complete, so we're just optimizing, polishing and fixing bugs, of course, as they come to the surface. We don't have a concrete release date, but it will be as soon as possible!

I am starting to loose confidence. Version 6 has been discussed for what seems to be over a year. Still no release date.  I have liked the product to date. I use it everday having migrated from 3.x to 5. Has the development team changed? Are there all new developers? As a long time customer I'm sure other share my concern.

Hi Steven,

Thank you for contacting us. mSecure 6 is nearing the end of the beat phase, and we're now in the process of working through all of the little details that come with a major release of an app. While we don't have a release date yet, we are getting very close to the public release.

Regarding your concerns, I'm not exactly sure what you mean. We have gone through some changes on our teams, but nothing has changed in regards to mSecure's future plans. This release is dragging on longer than we would like for sure, but with the amount and nature of the changes we're making, it's not surprising. We'll have v6 out as soon as possible! 

Thanks for the reply. What does this mean ? "....We have gone through some changes on our teams..." This is what I was referring to.

I'm curious as to what you meant by that statement.

thanks again.

If I had to guess, I'd say some business folks who like the rental-ware model and won out caused some original folks to split.  I know it will cause a split in the customer base, for sure.  How to implement that in code (and hence the delays) may have forced some programmers to up and leave.  Remember the 5 launch was delayed because of the mSecure Cloud (mother of all clouds) until everybody wanted back iCloud, DropBox, etc., and Wi-Fi syncing, etc.  I'm hoping at least the user interface is customizable by the user (like Font and Font Size).  We'll just have to wait and see what the marketing blitz and splash will make of 6, and how they intend not to lose some fraction of their customers to lease-ware.  I mean, really, how often have you see the mobile or desktop version updated between major versions?  Not every week.  Not even every month.  Maybe a couple of time a year since 3-4-5.  So what is the need for a monthly subscription version a major upgrade perpetual license.  Better yet...OFFER BOTH!  OK, I'm done speculating...you get my angst point.

@Steven As with all companies, we go through changes. People join the company, and then they leave, but that doesn't change what we're doing as a company. None of the changes we have gone through are out of the ordinary nor have they changed the focus of mSeven Software.

@Matt Thankfully, none of the changes I mentioned to @Steven was caused by making the decision to move to a subscription model.

Our intentions moving forward is to rarely, if ever, have to create a major release of the app like v5 and v6. Creating releases of this nature is one of the reasons we and many other companies run into delays in getting big releases out to the public, and it's only with these major releases that an upgrade fee can be charged.

The increased revenue we hope to generate through a subscription model will help with development resources, so we can meet future goals. We will now have a much faster development schedule where releases with just one or two features are created multiple times per year. There will be larger releases, of course, when there is a big feature we need to add, and those types of releases will take a bit more time. A couple examples we have on our roadmap are adding team support with variable license seats and making it possible for a trusted individual to recover data easily when there is a death in the family. The majority of the time, however, releases will be much faster to market, which will be a much better experience for our customers.

mSecure 6 - are we ever going to see it?

@David While it has taken longer than expected to get v6 ready, it will be available as soon as soon as possible.

Started a new thread on this topic, but is mSecure 6 protected against the Log4J vulnerability? Is 5.6 protected? Is a patch in the works?
Also, I understand mSecure has a business to run and for those reasons willing to pay a moderate upgrade fee but at the same time expecting white glove service being almost a founder member (I’ve been a customer since the very beginning). Q - will v6 be available as a one time purchase?

So you (Like me ) have paid a tiny one-off fee for what has been an excellent product with support for many, many years while the team have maintained the app and the infrastructure needed to do so?  Let them make a living.

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario