Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

Adding support for other sync services?

Hello. This past week Dropbox has changed their policy for the number of devices connected to only 3. How will this affect mSecure sync over multiple devices? (I use it on my phone, multiple desktops, and tablet).Is there any plan to allow backing up to other services like Google Drive or some kind of FTP or NAS?

Thank you very much,

Kind regards.

Hi Kent,

Thank you for contacting us. We have no plans to add additional sync options at this time. mSecure 5 allows you to sync via our mSecure Cloud, iCloud (Apple Devices), Dropbox, and WiFi syncing. Our mSecure Cloud syncing feature is included with the purchase of a license so you are not require to use a paid Dropbox account to sync. If you intend to use Dropbox syncing, we recommend upgrading to a paid Dropbox account for individuals or teams. 

I too would like to get google drive added to the synch services. I too am running into the dropbox issue. I am reluctant to use mSecure cloud because then you will have our key, password and password file. I am concerned that an employee or hacker can gain access to all three to decrypt the file and gain access to everything we are trying to keep secure. Can you explain how this scenario is not possible?

Jim, Have you read the security section in the knowledge base?

https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/36000114207

(Caveat - I don't use the mSecure cloud either - but wifi synch between devices works for me)

Hi Jim,

We never store your account password nor account key anywhere in our system. No one here can ever access or decrypt any customer information. We ensure that this is the case because we don't want to ever gain access to anyone's information and hackers or others outside of our company could have the ability to do the same. You can read about our security model here:  https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064305 

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario