Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

Soporte mSecure

En Proceso

Shared passwords

My wife and I have several shared accounts (Netflix, mortgage, house wifi password, etc.).

I'd love to have a separate list of records for shared passwords, that would sync when either of us create, update or delete records in that list (assuming we both have mSecure).

The way I envision it is to have a "Open List" option in the menu. It would show lists I have created. I can create a new list (using a different password for that list), and choose to share that list with another user, based on their msecure account email address. Her account would then show that list when she chooses "Open List". I would tell her the password for that list, so that she could unlock it. I'm guessing a requirement is that the backup is stored in msecure cloud, so that both accounts can access it.

It's a large sized Feature Request, but it would be great for couples, families, etc.

10 personas les gusta esta idea

HI Ben,

Thank you for the feature request. This has been something in our radar for some time now. I believe our goal is to eventually create this kind of feature. However, it's always great to have feedback from customers about wanting such sharing abilities. 

I would hope that we would still be able to use wifi sync with this; not everyone is comfortable with any kind of cloud storage for sensitive information.

I would like to be able to segregate out my work entries from personal, so that my personal could be shared with my wife, so sounds like we are asking for the same thing.

Hi Kevin,

I'm not exactly sure how this feature will be implemented. However, it will likely require our mSecure Cloud syncing feature. There is still a possibility that we would set up our syncing features to work with WiFi syncing. However, it is highly unlikely. Ideally, we would allow you to share specific groups with others and have control of who is allowed to edit records in the shared groups. 

I have been asking this feature for many years now.

I have some entries and passwords which I need to share with family members. It would be so easy if I could just share those entries with them via Dropbox or any other sync method.

Currently the only solution is to add those entries in their devices separately.

Soon to be a deal breaker.  If I'm out of pocket (health, travel, etc) my wife will have no way to manage our situation.  I've used mSecure for years, she has to come ask me about passwords, etc.  Please make this one a priority.  

Hi Reivers,

You can always share your mSecure account with others. Personally, my wife and I use a single mSecure account for all our information. She generally doesn't use the app much, but I store all the important information on it so I like her to be able to have access to all of the information in case anything were to happen.

I hope this is the top priority in next major update. Multiple vaults and sharing vaults will make things much more easier.

Hi Dharmil,

Yes, sharing features and better filtering options are our top priority beyond browser plugins.

One note to this: until this feature is implemented, icloud backup doesn't work with the workaround to use one account between me and my partner's devices, since we have different icloud accounts. mSecure's iCloud  documentation says this, but I didn't read that until after I tried (and failed). So wifi or msecure cloud are the only options for backup for 2 people using one msecure account.

My wife and me are using mSecure since years, but lately I started to look around and I already planned the switch to 1Password or LastPass because of this missing feature. Now I found this nearly one year old discussion - I hope you're still working on it. Any updates?

Hi Marko,

It's something we've slowly been working on. Our plan or goal is to release this in the next major update/release of mSecure later this year (likely summer).

I have similar question. My wife and I have been using mSecure on our iPhones for years. One account, but installed and synchronised locally on each device. This had resulted in 2 personalised sets of password data. I have upgraded my account to version 5 some time ago, my wife has been using 4.5 until now. Today she decided to upgrade her device too and now it causes hers to synchronise to my data in mSecure Cloud and losing her personal set of data. So for now I have deleted the new version on her device and she is back to using the old version. How or when can this be resolved, so the 2 sets of data can be seperately synchronised and not be replaced by one or the other? Is that also dependant on the next (summer) release?

Hi Roger,

Your situation is different. You were using separate information before and would like to keep separate information. To do so, you can simply create a new account in mSecure 5 and make sure your wife uses the new account. Otherwise, you can share a single account, it's license, and information. If you choose to share a single account, you can always use our CSV file export/import option to merge your wife's information with your own. Please let me know if you need help with that.

Our sharing feature will simply make it so that, when using two separate accounts, you can share a group or groups with other mSecure users. It will not allow you to have completely separate sets of information on a single account. 

The lack of password sharing is becoming a deal breaker. I’m concerned this idea is still marked “Pending” vs. “In Progress”. I have been using mSecure for years and I have made several referrals to friends, family and professionals who all now subscribe. Now, without the ability to securely share credentials, I fear we will soon be making a change. I see talk of “summer” but this feature request has been open for over a year and still only shows as “Pending” while others are in progress. How might we help? Is there a beta program we might use to test? Something to help ensure a smooth, and timely launch of this feature. I have had to refer “the other guys” more often recently given the lack of this feature. I’m then asked, “but why do you use mSecure instead”...and my answer is “...still waiting” but after over a year... waiting won’t be an option much longer. What’s the plan?

Iniciar sesión o Registrarse para publicar un comentario