Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

mSecure fails to launch on Windows 10

Please note mSecure does not load on Windows 10 anymore. It shows the launch screen for about 30-40 secs and then the application closes without any error. It works fine on my Android device. I have purchased the license using the website. Kindly suggest the corrective actions.

3 people have this problem

It happens exactly the same. I have restored it and I can log in and it loads the data. But when I close it and reopen it after 30 seconds the application closes. I have also completely uninstalled it in case I needed to download the latest version but it does the same thing.

Ever since the latest update to Msecure, I have had this issue on Windows 11 as well.

Same issue for me started today.  Has been working fine since launch.   I have the upgraded subscription.   Tried uninstall and reinstall from MS store.  On first login as part of setup after install, I was prompted for username and password.  Application opened as normal, data synced and I could access as usual.   Closed off app and then reopened and I just get the grey screen with key  icon in the middle.  As with others, this closes off after about 30 seconds.   If I uninstall and reinstall again, I get access again during initial setup again for that one time before it reverts to the grey screen on subsequent attempts to open the app. 

Just seen the other long thread on this issue.  The Windows App reset worked for me.  NOTE YOU NEED TO BE SURE YOU HAVE ANOTHER COPY OF YOUR DATA SOMEWHERE.  THIS WILL DELETE THE LOCAL DATA.

Right-Click Msecure App entry on Windows Start Menu.  Select More and then App Settings.

From the App Settings page that appears, towards the bottom, you will see a "Reset" option.  Click that and then Click "Reset" again once you are sure you have another copy of your data.

I am also having the same problem with MSecure not loading. This started this morning after I added a new record. I am currently without my user ids and passwords on my Windows 10 system. I never had this problem with version 5.

Same problem!

Hello Mike, I'll speak to you directly - apparently that's the only support contact! E-mails are still not answered. The effort to "post" the software problems of version 6 publicly seems to be more or less a waste of time - because there is no real help here either. You either get delayed answers or counter-questions. But unfortunately I have not been able to find that the questions have been answered in concrete terms!

But now it's really enough!

I'm a premium user and I'm happy to pay for software - if it works!

The data has already crashed several times during updates – Thanks that we had backups!

But that the Windows version now doesn't open anymore...

We have been using the program in our IT company for years and version 6 does not work from the start!

mSecure should voluntarily compensate all premium users and not ask for any money until the problems are finally solved.

With almost 1500 data sets that we have, it is mostly about highly sensitive data that we depend on in our daily work - are you even aware of that?

You can't tell me that there were beta tests for 6 months - with the basic problems that exist in version 6 and that several users noticed on the first day.

You are testing directly on the customers - an absolute no-go!

Not to mention blemishes - or why do you call the groups "Tags" in the IOS versions and "Kennwörter" in the Windows version (German mSecure Version).

Version 6 is currently absolute junk and unusable! If you want to earn money, here's an idea: Bring the old version 5.6 onto the market as version 7...

It's enough now!!!

We also have to earn money with our company and cannot deal every 2-3 days four several hours with your programming problems!

HOW DO YOU PROCEED?

WE NEEED A CLEAR SOLUTION AND NOT FURTHER QUESTIONS BEING RAISED FROM YOUR END!

Same problem with mSecure 6 on Win 11.  Stopped opening for me two hours ago.  Splash screen appears for 30 seconds, then closes without error.  Windows Event Viewer has a lot of "Information" entries on the failure, and one "Error":

The program mSecure.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 4448

Start Time: 01d84d249e34702d

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\mSevenSoftware.mSecure10_6.0.242.0_x64__z2ejxf6qbnb72\mSecure.exe

Report Id: f34688cc-e889-4fe1-a2b3-52ae2849abdd

Faulting package full name: mSevenSoftware.mSecure10_6.0.242.0_x64__z2ejxf6qbnb72

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Hang type: Activation

One of the "Information" entries reads:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: MoAppHang

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: mSevenSoftware.mSecure10_6.0.242.0_x64__z2ejxf6qbnb72

P2: praid:App

P3: 1.0.0.0

P4: 623cd1cc

P5: 5960

P6: 4194304

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.5d910f49-f9cc-489c-8002-3f581afad92d.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\AppHang_mSevenSoftware.m_c2efdb48bb4b164eb13f4bd0fb221218f1843067_16fa74a7_9f2c972d-efd1-445e-868a-035ea61059c7

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Status: 4196

Hashed bucket:

Presumably someone from mSecure could ask for the details in these files to diagnose.  Will create a ticket.

Think my last reply never posted.

Same problem on Windows 11, mSecure 6.  Splash screen opens for 30 seconds then closes.  Windows Event Viewer shows an Error and many Information entries.

Error:

The program mSecure.exe version 1.0.0.0 stopped interacting with Windows and was closed. To see if more information about the problem is available, check the problem history in the Security and Maintenance control panel.

Process ID: 4448

Start Time: 01d84d249e34702d

Termination Time: 4294967295

Application Path: C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\mSevenSoftware.mSecure10_6.0.242.0_x64__z2ejxf6qbnb72\mSecure.exe

Faulting package full name: mSevenSoftware.mSecure10_6.0.242.0_x64__z2ejxf6qbnb72

Faulting package-relative application ID: App

Information:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: StoreAgentInstallFailure1

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

Problem signature:

P1: Update;GamingServices

P2: 80073d02

P3: 22000

P4: 556

P5: Windows.Desktop

P6: N

P7:

P8:

P9:

P10:

Attached files:

\\?\C:\Windows\Temp\FailureReportMetadata_27794.txt

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.9913f16d-b938-45d2-a97d-564b0e03afd2.tmp.WERInternalMetadata.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.16649eea-f5ce-4f91-8f2a-8869e0b01252.tmp.xml

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.52cf00b0-b5c0-4e83-9bc5-d5566ff65a03.tmp.csv

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\Temp\WER.07316ed4-c859-4240-8bed-0db6e627c7a1.tmp.txt

These files may be available here:

\\?\C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows\WER\ReportQueue\NonCritical_Update;GamingSer_354477f5f1951f5b9225748b76edf3e1601a2d_00000000_cab_ba2a8ca2-2bec-490a-89dc-e1e615a2ce38

Analysis symbol:

Rechecking for solution: 0

Report Id: ba2a8ca2-2bec-490a-89dc-e1e615a2ce38

Report Status: 102

Hashed bucket:

Cab Guid: 0

I've tried again to open the program... and suddenly it works. I don't understand anything. Perhaps they have applied a patch.

Yes, resetting the application and then restoring the database (make sure you have a backup first!) fixes everything.  

Resetting the application and restoring the database,  only temporily fixes the issue  on my Windows machines. 
Upon the second or third time opening Msecure version 6.0.242.0 it again hangs.

@Everyone You are all running into a known bug, and working as hard as we can to get a new build published. The bug has been a very difficult to figure out, but we think we do have it fixed. We're now just waiting for testers to confirm the fix before publishing the new build. The issue will be resolved as soon as possible, and then we'll get it published to the Microsoft Store.

Just spitballing here, but based on the errors seen in the above log; 

Information:

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: StoreAgentInstallFailure1

Microsoft (MSFT) put out a bucketload of security  patches in their March and April monthly OS releases. 
Is it possible that Msecure is calling code in their operating system in a manner that MSFT is now blocking due to a security patch?

A quick browse on the internet, shows the following article which references the error in the log above (which ironically occurs when a vendor updates an application version in the Microsoft Store): FIX: Error 0x80073D02 in Microsoft Store in Windows 10 (Solved) - wintips.org - Windows Tips & How-tos
Note EndUsers: Unless an engineer from Microsoft or Msecure asks you to, I would NOT perform Method 2, Method3 or Method4 in the previous link.

Most software companies that build applications for the Windows operating system, have a support account and working relationship with MSFT. 
Seeing that this bug has now been around for longer than a month and your engineers are stymied,  maybe it is time for your company open a ticket with MSFT.

@Donna Did you by any chance try any of these measures to fix the issue you're having with mSecure? The only one I would suggest to anyone who sees this thread is the first one that has you reset the Store cache. Based on what we believe is happening, I would be very surprised it fixed the problem, but if it does, that would be fantastic.

Login or Signup to post a comment