Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

msecure account

I have no record of having set up an msecure account. The site does not let me create an account or indicate I have forgotten my password.

Jerome

Both my PC and iphone show msecure6. As of today I can no longer access my passwords from my iphone. It is showing the userid "accounts@mvcari.com". Why have I lost access to my password today?

Hi Jerome,

Ok, that explains why I couldn't find your account. I was able to find it with the new email address you provided. When you say you can no longer access your passwords from your iPhone, can you explain what that means in more detail? When you open mSecure on your iPhone, what happens? Are you able to enter your password or use Touch/Face ID to unlock the app?

Also, just to be sure, you have access to your information in mSecure on your PC, correct? Everything is working as it should on that device?

Mike

My PC is working and I am able access my file there. My iphone opens with face ID, but at "all records" tab I get only the master password. If I go to the security center what appears to be all records are displayed sort by the weakness of each password.

Jerry

It sounds like you might have the favorites filter turned on. Open mSecure, then look at the top right corner of the app. Do you see a yellow star? If so, what happens when you tap the yellow star to turn off the favorites filter?

Mike

Yes, that was the issue

That's good news Jerome. Do you still need help with something, or was that the only issue you were dealing with?

Mike

I think I am good to go, but I do have one question. I sync between my iphone and PC . Is there a setting to determine which overwrites? It appears that the PC overwrites the iphone now.

Jerry

When syncing, neither device is set to overwrite data on the other. What happens is each mSecure app has access to its own set of data, and when one record is updated, it will update the data that's stored in the other. If you last updated a record on your PC, then after a sync, the data on your iPhone will get changed. If you last updated a record on your iPhone, then after the sync, the data in your PC will be updated.

Mike

When I sync the record on my PC shows date modified, but none of the data is updated from my iphone!

Jerry

Hi Jerome,

I'm still having a little trouble understanding, but I'm getting closer. Are you saying you make a change to your data on your iPhone, and then after the sync takes place on your PC, the changes aren't showing up on the PC? We don't have any known issues that cause this type of behavior, so I'm hoping we're dealing with something very simple.

Mike

I update a record which was already on both my PC and iphone. I had updated the iphone and then sync with the PC. I was told the sync was successful on the iphone. The record on the PC indicates the date modified as April14 2022, none of the updated information is shown on the PC

Jerry

I'm not sure what would be causing this to happen, but all changes you make on one device should be reflected in the others. I can't take a look at your account, because I can't find one searching with the email you are using here in the forum, so could you tell me what sync feature you are using? Also, if you make a change on your PC, does it sync over to your iPhone?

Mike

PC over writes iphone

Jerry

Which sync feature are you using? Also, the PC should overwrite the iPhone if the PC made the change. What you're describing is not happening on my devices and I haven't heard it reported by others, so if you are running in to new bug, I'm going to need a lot of information from you to get this weeded out.

Mike

The record that I am using was updated on the iphone and during the sync the PC changed that update back to the old information. Updating the record on the PC and sync the updated information was written to the iphone. I am using WiFI sync

Jerry

Login or Signup to post a comment