Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

Knowledge Base Forums Submit a ticket

IOS 14.6 update - can not access mSecure

URGENT!!! Can not access MSecure due to 14.6 update AND I do not remember my  mSecure password. I can not loose 10 years of passwords!!! HELP!!   URGENT!!

5 people have this problem

@Tony Our developer was able to get a utility version of the old app built, which enables you to retrieve the password you used in mSecure 4. Do keep in mind that it can only help if you were using Touch or Face ID to unlock the app. If not, there is no way to retrieve the password from the old app.

This version will not be available in the App Store, since it's only a utility version of mSecure 4, created for a single purpose. In order to download it, you will need to download the TestFlight app from the App Store if you don't already have it installed on your devices. 

Should you choose to download this utility update, I will need the Apple ID (email address) you use on your iOS devices. Once I have that, I can add you to the TestFlight list of users who will be given access to this version of the app. Once added, you will get an email invite to download the app from the TestFlight app. The new version will download over the top of mSecure 4.5.4, and it can only be used to reveal your password. Since v4.5.4 can no longer be opened, this shouldn't be a problem, but I do want to make sure you understand all that will happen when the new build is downloaded. In particular, the TestFlight version will have no functionality for viewing your data. It can only retrieve your password from iCloud Keychain on your device, and then display it to you.

Once you have the password, you can write it down and enter it when upgrading to mSecure 5.

Let me know if you have any questions about this process. If you're ready to proceed, download the TestFlight app, send me your Apple ID, and I'll add you to the TestFlight list.

One thing to mention, some customers don't like sending their email address here in a public post. If you don't want to post your Apple ID, we'll have to do this via email instead.

Mike, I’ve created a new account and reset it several times as well. I did install on the phone that had msecure 4 on.  I feel like I’ve followed the order in some previous responses to other in regards to resetting my account, I’ve just not gotten the option to migrate over.

@David The only thing I can think of is that the version running on your device is older than 4.5.4, which would account for why the migration is not working.

In order to fix this, we'll need to continue the process via email. Go ahead and email us at support@msevensoftware.com, and add "Attention Mike: No Migration in mSecure 5" as the subject line. After you send the email, respond here so I can see that I need to look for the email more quickly.

Mike, I just sent an email. Thanks

I just sent you an email @David. We'll continue the process via email from here on out.

I am open to try whatever you suggest.  I had the face  matching as my password.

The 'help screen' warns that if you reset for a new password you could loose all your data?

Rob

I'm not sure what what's happening here. Are you saying you're locked out of mSecure? I'll need some information to try to help find a resolution.

Login or Signup to post a comment