I have used iOS mSecure 4 for years. I am trying to download the mSecure 5 app from the App Store but when I try to put my email address in it tells me “a user with that email already exists”. I have tried to download mSecure 5 before but was unsuccessful. I may have entered my email at that time but I do not believe I have an msecure5 account. All of my data is still in my mSecure 4 version. How can I create a new mSecure 5 account?
Thank you for contacting us. In order to upgrade and migrate your existing information into mSecure 5, you won't need to create a new account, since you already have one. Instead, your account just needs to be set to a fresh state. This means you will need to reset your account first, and then sign in to the account in mSecure 5 on the same device mSecure 4 is installed. After the account is reset, the migration will be triggered as you go through the account setup in the mSecure 5 app.
For clarification, the old mSecure 4 app is not connected to mSecure 5 in any way. The old app doesn't tie into an account system, because mSecure accounts were introduced in mSecure 5. Therefore, when you reset your mSecure account, it will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. It will simply enable you to have access to your account again, and it will be in a fresh state so you can migrate the information from the old app.
Please follow the steps below to reset your account, and transfer your existing information into mSecure 5:
1) If mSecure 5 is already installed on your iOS device, delete the app
2) Reset your mSecure account using the steps in this support article: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064228-account-reset
3) Install mSecure from the App Store app
4) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account
5) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set
6) Choose which sync feature you would like to use
7) You will then be asked if you would like to import your information from mSecure 4 on the next screen
IMPORTANT: Do not delete the old mSecure 4 app from your device if the data is not migrated after following the steps above. If that is done, the data stored in the app will be lost. Also, your mSecure 4 data is not connected to your mSecure 5 account in any way, so performing the account reset will have no effect on the data stored in the old app.