Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Forgotten Password

I have just bought msecure5 and cant remember password. I still have all data on older free msecure, what can I do?

Peter

7 Personen haben dieses Problem

I thought I had started new topic

Hi Peter,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. When you say you can't remember your password, are you trying to sign in to the mSecure 5 app and it's telling you the password is incorrect? If so, the easiest thing to do here is to reset your account, since you have all your data stored in the older mSecure app. Let me know, and I can help you with getting this resolved.

I have the same question

@Elyse When you say you can't remember your password, are you trying to sign in to the mSecure 5 app and it's telling you the password is incorrect? If so, the easiest thing to do here is to reset your account, since you have all your data stored in the older mSecure app.

When I installed the mSecure 5 app, it asked for my mSecure 4 password in order to transfer the data.

Since I couldn't get to my mSecure 4 account to retrieve my forgotten password, I can't transfer the old data.

Hi Elyse,

I'm sorry to hear about what's happening here. Unfortunately, in these types of situations, there isn't a lot we can do. In order for the data to be migrated into mSecure 5, the password for mSecure 4 has to be entered manually. Engineering-wise, there is no way for us to get around the necessity. Also, since we don't acquire our customer's password or data in any form in mSecure 4, there's no way for us to retrieve those items for you. I'm really sorry I don't have better news here.

Do you happen to have a backup of your data? If so, we could try to install mSecure on a different device and then have you attempt to restore the data from the backup. You will need to know the password still, but you would have as many attempts as you would like to try to enter the correct password.

Hello, I've just downloaded early this morning the most recent version of mSecure in my mobile phone since I can't get any access in the older version I have installed. Now I can't get access in the newest mSecure because the app is not recognizing neither the email account I've always used nor the old password. I only use two email accounts and I've tried them both, just in case. So far, no access. Could you pleas help me? Many thanks

Hi Alberto,

This should be no problem at all. What you will need to do first is simply reset your mSecure 5 account. After you do that, you'll be able to sign in to your account, and you'll be asked if you would like to migrate data in from the older mSecure app. You will need to know the password for unlocking that app, but after you enter it, your data should be migrated.

Here is a post I created for people going through similar problems, and it has the link for instructions on resetting your account: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/discussions/topics/36000020017

I have used msecure 4 for years, now with latest IOS update it says app is no longer usable.   I downloaded msecure5, but I do not know the msecure password (i'm sure it's in the old app somewhere).  I only remember the 4 digit number sign in code i used to access msecure4, but am not sure this is the password.  Not sure what next steps to take, please advise.      

@Ben I'm sorry to hear about the issue you are experiencing after the iOS update. We are currently working on a way to help our customers who find themselves in the situation you are describing. We still have some work to do, but we're hoping it will be ready in the next couple of days. In order to get access to your password, you may need to download a utility version of mSecure from TestFlight, which is an app Apple uses for public testing purposes.

Would you be willing to register with TestFlight and download a different version of mSecure in order to retrieve your password?

Hi Mike,

I did download the newest msecure app on my iphone, but I am not sure if that is what you are referring to.  I am willing to register with testflight and download the different version, please advise me on next steps.  Thanks.  

Ben

Hi Ben,

I just looked at your post, and I see you were using a 4 digit number to unlock mSecure. That is actually the password encrypting/decrypting your data, so if you know it, then you should have no problem migrating your data into mSecure 5. Have you tried downloading mSecure 5 yet? If so, what happened when you went through the Sign in/Sign up process? Were you asked to import your data from mSecure 4?

Oh i figured it out, my error was trying to sign into msecure 5 with my msecure 4 login/password.  I did not realize I had to create a new account and then merge.  Thanks for your help.  

No problem at all Ben! Take care, and let me know should you need further assistance.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen