Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

How do I get my password data onto a new iphone?

I have the msecure app on my current iphone.  How do I go about porting the password data to a new phone (iphone or android) ?

Hi Gary,

Thank you for contacting us. As long as you are running mSecure 5, you can just download mSecure onto your new device, then sign in to the same account. You may have to authenticate as the owner of the account, depending on which device you get, and you can learn how to do that here: Set up and authenticate your mSecure account

If you are currently running a version of mSecure older than version 5, let me know, and I can help you with that as well.

Thank you Mike.   I browsed to the "About mSecure" page in my iPhone and see that the version is 5.7.2 (788).  I presume this means I can login on my new device??

Also, when I do login in the new devvice, how do I get access to my data?  Do I need to access a backup I have taken, or do I get access automatically (e.g. via the "cloud") when I login on the new device?

Cheers,
Gary

Hi Gary,

That's good to hear! Since you are using mSecure 5, all you need to do is make sure mSecure Cloud syncing is turned on in mSecure's Settings on your current phone. After you sign in to the mSecure app on your new phone, the data will just sync over automatically. 

Thanks again Mike.  That setting is set to mSecure cloud, so I guess everything is fine!

That sounds good Gary. The one thing I would recommend is to keep your old device to make sure mSecure is set up and working correctly on the new device if possible. This isn't a necessity, but it's always good to have the option of getting data from the old device. Alternatively, if you have another device now, like a PC or a Mac or a tablet, we can get mSecure installed that on that as well, and that way mSecure would always have your data accessible on at least one device at all times. Again, it's not a necessity if you are using mSecure Cloud for storing your data, but it's always a nice safegaurd. 

Thanks for that info Mike.

Do I simply download the mSecure software and install it on my PC, or do I need to do something different?

Cheers,
Gary

You can download mSecure 5 from the Microsoft Store using this link: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/store/p/msecure-5/9nblggh62pc8

After downloading the app, simply sign in to it as you did on your phone, and you should be good to go. You will need to authenticate on your PC, so you can use this link again for that: Set up and authenticate your mSecure account

Were you able to get signed in on your PC, and is all the data synced over?

Hi Mike,

I did all that you recommended, but when I tried to run it after installation it told me "Account Key Required".  It says that I would have saved this to my device (i.e. my iPhone) when I signed into the account for the first time.  However,  I cannot find it on my phone.  Any ideas?

Gary

Hi Mike,

Further to my comment above, I believe I purchased mSecure way back in 2013.  I've looked back through all my archived emails and cannot find an email with the mSecure.msecurekey file attached.

Gary

Hi Mike,

Forget all that.  I managed to install and authenticate mSecure on my Windows computer.

Thanks for all your help!  I really appreciate it.

Gary

No problem at all Gary! It's great to hear everything is working now. Let us know should you need further assistance.

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen