Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

48 out of 228 records have modified dates in the future

Based on a quick search there seems to be a long standing issue with dates. I can't delete the mess up records, because they get reinstated even if I delete them from the deleted items. I can't update them, because an update sets the modified date to now, which is then overwritten by one of the devices with a future date. 

Devs can you at least provide a utility to set the dates to today on all platforms. That we could just turn off sync. Run the utility on all of our devices and then resync. 

Hi Alex,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. This is a long-standing bug we are still trying to weed out, but we do have a work-around that should fix the issue.

The fix is pretty straightforward, but you will want to run through the instructions on your computer, because it has bulk editing capabilities. On what types of devices are you running mSecure on? Do you have a desktop computer you can install mSecure on?

I have mSecure running on a Mac and a PC. 

Since you have mSecure running on your computer, this should be a pretty quick process. I'm going to have you perform the steps below on your Mac, since it's easier to reset mSecure on your PC. You can follow the steps below:

1. Disable syncing in mSecure's Preferences on your Mac
  2. Find the sync settings, then disable syncing altogether. This must be done in order to keep old, corrupted data from causing issues after everything is reset. If you can't turn off syncing, please stop here and let me know.
  3. Create a new backup using the instructions you'll find here: Creating a Backup in mSecure (this is just to be extra cautious)
  4. Delete the data.mssb sync file if using Dropbox syncing: Dropbox/Apps/mSecure 5/userId/data.mssb
  5. Use the bulk editor to temporarily delete all of your records. You can do this by selecting all records using command+a, or you can manually select all records with your mouse, then click the delete button in the right column. To be clear, this is only a temporary deletion. In the next step you will open the "Deleted Items" filter and recover your records.
  6. Use the bulk editor to recover all of your records. You can do this by clicking on the "Deleted Items" filter in the left column, selecting all of the records, then click the restore button in the right column.

Once all your records have been restored, a new modified data will be set for each of them. Now you will need to reinstall mSecure on your other devices. To do this, simply delete the mSecure app on each device, then reinstall it from the App Store. If you are running mSecure on other Mac computers, you do not need to reinstall the app. Instead, you will need to follow the instructions below to delete mSecure's database file to reset the data:

1. Open mSecure
  2. Click Help in the menu bar in the top left of your screen, hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear in the drop down menu
  3. Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"
  4. Close mSecure
  5. Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash
  6. Open mSecure again
  7. Skip the welcome screens to go directly to the Sign Up / Sign In screen
  8. Click "Sign In"
  9. Enter your mSecure account email address for the username, then enter the password for that account to sign in to it
  10. Repeat these steps for all other Mac computers on which you are running mSecure. DO NOT perform these steps on the Mac on which you deleted and restored your records above.

After mSecure is re-installed on your other devices, go ahead and sign in to your account. If needed, you can reveal the QR code in the Account Settings of mSecure on your computer, which will make it easy to authenticate.

The last thing to do is enable syncing again. If you were using Dropbox syncing, and if you were not able to delete the data.mssb file in your Dropbox account, do not re-enable syncing yet. If you do, it will simply sync in the bad modification dates again. If you had problems finding the data.mssb file, let me know before enabling syncing again.

Did this take care of the problem Alex?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen