Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

BRING BACK THE 3.5 UI

Let's see if this gets posted. I've already put it elsewhere on the internet, and reviewed the app in all the stores, so we'll see if mSecure wants to address it directly here....

I have been using mSecure ever since it's initial release. I chose mSecure over all the other “similar" Apps because if it's ability for Item Type customization. I work in the IT Industry, and I use mSecure more like a secure database than just a “Password Manager". I have built SEVERAL of my own Item Types in order to store the information needed for the Equipment / Systems / Users / etc I manage. My mSecure database has become very customized and quite robust! I have always loved how FAST mSecure 3 was able to display, and sort, all the data! I also liked that it actually looked somewhat like MS Excel, or Access. All the Data was easily sortable (by ANY Field) and easy to find.

I beta tested mSecure 5, and even bought the pre-order release, but I was not impressed. I LOVED everything about mSecure 3.5.7! Yeah, the UI could use some polishing ("flattening" in today's era of unimpressive UI's), but by no means did it need a COMPLETE overhaul. I freaking HATE the UI for mSecure 5. Sure, I guess it's like all the “others" now...but then why not just use one of the "others" like Bitwarden, or Enpass? Bitwarden is AWESOME for what it offers, AND for what it does! ...as a Password Manager. But, that's not what I bought mSecure for...I mean, partially, yes; but really, I started using it because it was so ROBUST! Why on earth would you remove everything AWESOME about the UI from 3.5.7???

I am only writing this now because I have actually been using 3.5.7 up until this point in time. Sure, the UI is a bit outdated (who cares), and it doesn't fit correctly on my iPhone X screen; but the real problem is that it's no longer being actively supported / updated, and eventually it'll stop working all together. :( So, I've got to move on.

:(

I re-tested all the contenting “Password Managers" out there and found that Bitwarden is probably the best one for the “average" user...which I am not. Enpass beta 6 showed real promise with the addition of customizable Types (FINALLY! Geez!), but with the final release they made these features a “Pro Only Upgrade”; LAME. They also made an In-App Purchase the ONLY way to upgrade a license to the "Pro" version; DOUBLE LAME. Now it'll cost you $30+ (PER PERSON) in your family if you're using a combination of Windows, macOS, iOS, Android. SMH

And I know I didnt even mention LastPass…and for good reason; come on…you all know it’s not even a real contender...

So...switching to Bitwarden or Enpass 6 is out… I guess mSecure 5 it is…yaaay…sigh

:(

Here’s what I like about mSecure 5;

• Its still actively being supported.
  • It fits correctly on my iPhone X screen.

Heres what I HATE about mSecure 5;

• The UI; it’s Azure-style side-scrolling is HIDEOUS and extremely UN-USER FRIENDLY!
  • I do not like that I am required to have an "mSecure account” (but I do understand why this is for cross-platform licensing purposes).
  • I do not like that mSecure 5 connects to gate.hockeyapp-net, msecure-docker-parse.herokuapp-com, & msecure-parse.s3.amazonaws-com even when using another sync solution. mSecure should only connect SECURELY (which it does already) to mSecure domains. PLEASE EXPLAIN!
  • I do not like how S...L...O...O...O...O...W it is; iPhone, macOS, doesn't matter. It's slow opening, slow syncing, slow switching records, slow sorting, slow copying...it's just SOOO FREAKING SLOOOW! :(

I know, I know...I may have over 2500 items in my database, but still! mSecure 3.5.7 is still LIGHTNING FAST!!! (with the same data I might add).

So here's my pitch;

• Please add a "Legacy 3.5.7" UI to mSecure 5, or
  • Update and Re-release 3.5.7 as a "Secure Business Database Manager" instead of a "Password Manager". Polish it up, Enable duplication of an EXISTING Type, fix the dropbox API, add-iCloud (and other 3rd Party support). Charge $20 for it, and I'll buy it! But I need to to work like 3.5.7!
  • Fix the required" network communication. If mSecure is going to connect to an internet host, it should only be connecting to hosts within mSecure’s domain. Hello?…Security?!? Firewall Rules?!?!?

If it were me, I’d just add a Legacy 3.5.7 UI to mSecure 5, and fix the issues with the internet host domain names (with an explanation of what these connections are being used for (yes, I have trust issues)). But PLEASE do something!!!!

There really is no other viable app like mSecure as of yet. I keep looking, but there are none to be found. I think you guys have developed a great App, and suspect you are a great team; I just wish you would have continued on the path that set mSecure so far ahead of all the other “Password Managers” out there.

Hopefully you guys can address my frustrations with something truly glorious. What I need in a Secure Database App is indeed needed by many; hopefully you will be willing to answer the call and fill the void.

Thanks!

Hi,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback here and I'm sorry about the delay in our response. Unfortunately, I, the community manager, went on holiday for awhile. However, I'm now back and ready to answer any questions the forum has!

I'm glad to know that no one else quite stacks up to us! However, I'm sorry to hear/know that you dislike mSecure 5 so much. 

• UI - I'm sorry that you find it hideous. I'm not exactly sure what is un-user friendly about it though. Feedback with exactly reason would be good for us here. That said, we are planning to make some changes to the UI in the near future to polish things and make getting to records much easier/faster in the future (adding a tag system we believe will help).
  • User accounts - They are here to stay. We understand that they're not for everyone, but they do allow us to provide our own licensing system. That makes mSecure 5 cheaper for everyone when using multiple platforms.
  • Connections - mSecure 5 connects to Hockeyapp (crash analytics. Let's us know what percentage of user are having crashing issues and provides basic anonymous crash details), Herokuapp (our server url), and AmazonAWS (automatic website icon downloads). The only real connection needed is the connection to msecure-docker-arse.herokuapp.com. In the future, that link/connection will show server.msecure.com so that users that look at connection details might know exactly where the connection goes to. The other links will remain the same though. Having URLs match our exact domain name is not a security concern or issue. Well, except that users that look into the connection details often expect that.
  • Slowness - I'm not sure what's causing your slowness here. 2500 records is a lot of records. However, I've worked with others that had more records and did not experience many issues. That said, I have worked with some customers in the past to speed up the iOS app as well and I know that the Mac version has slowness issues that I've documented (usually a result of a record type with tons of password fields). I'd be happy to work with you and get video example of your issues so that our developers can work on reducing or completely removing any slowness present.
  • Adding a Legacy UI - Unfortunately, we do not have plans to add this at this time. However, we do have plans to add a more compact view to Mac and have considered adding an additional simple or basic UI that would display items in a more spreadsheet fashion as well. 

Please let me know if I missed anything here. I'm always happy to go over anything else and also work with you to fix any issues you are currently experiencing with mSecure 5. 

To follow-up on your questions/comments:

UI - Like I previously stated; the old UI was very intuitive like a database, "I have always loved how FAST mSecure 3 was able to display, and sort, all the data! I also liked that it actually looked somewhat like MS Excel, or Access. All the Data was easily sortable (by ANY Field) and easy to find."

Display Resolution: 1600x900
mSecure 3 Maximized View: 34 Records Displayed
mSecure 3 Maximized View: 8 Records Displayed?!?!

Slowness - This is driving me crazy! It's slow unlocking, syncing, switching records, sorting, copying, searching. Beach Ball all day long. I'm not sure how I could show you with a screen capture without showing my records. Kind of a problem there...

MacOS Delays mSecure 5:
Unlock: 10 seconds
Load Record Details: 2 seconds
Load Search Results: 5-10 seconds
Switch to New Record: 2 seconds
Save Record with Updated Data: 5-10 seconds
Copy Password to Clipboard: 10 seconds?!?!?!

With the same data, mSecure 3 performs all of these tasks as quickly as I type. The only thing a bit slow with mSecure 3 was the sync, but even that was only about 3-5 seconds.

Out of all the Apps I use, mSecure 5 is the ONLY ONE that beach balls constantly.

The ONLY edge mSecure has over every other password manager currently out there is the ability to add Custom Types (Templates). No one else is really doing it (yet), and the one that is trying (enpass) isn't doing it well.

I'm not sure why you guys decided to go from the App design and functionality of what you had that set you apart as a great App, to the cookie-cutter style of every other Password Manager App out there.

I'm not the only one either. Hopefully you guys can hear your customers who have been loyal, and are willing to pay for what you guys used to do better than anyone else; because if you don't, you're going to lose them.

Check out the comments on this forum, and this is only one out of several I've been able to find with a simple search. I have not commented on this forum, I found it looking for alternatives to mSecure 5.

community.bitwarden. com/t/building-my-own-pre-defined-item-types-templates/1959/4

This forum is the most frustrating forum to use!!! Why all the policing?

Just another thing to add about the UI. Take Microsoft Outlook for example. The UI has had several updates since Outlook 97, but it still looks pretty much the same. Sure, the colors are different, the tabs are new, they’re added all sorts of “Panes”; but you can turn all those “Pains” off, and continue to make Outlook display your email in the way you like it. (Single Rows with SORTABLE Columns is my preference.)

mSecure developers did not do this when moving from version 3 to version 5, it was just: “here’s the new UI, you will use it, and you will like it!”. I’m sorry, but that’s not going over very well. Remember Windows Vista? How about when Microsoft decided to get rid of the Start Menu in Windows 8?

Hopefully you guys can learn from others mistakes.

Hi,

Our forum policy will automatically add any topic or reply with a link (https or mail link) to a review section for us to look at before publishing. When trying to reply, please don't add links or emails and your reply or topic will be shown immediately. Thank you for your feedback here. As I mentioned before, the Mac version does suffer from slowness when using record types with multiple password fields. I'm sure there are other set ups that might also cause slowness or delays in action. I've documented this behavior or issue in the past and we will work to improve our performance when dealing with large databases or complex record types.

Also, as for your example of Microsoft Outlook, I'm glad you enjoy it and I'm also glad that Microsoft does not make many changes to it since they tend to have users that don't like or want changes. However, none of us here use or like Outlook. We much prefer mail apps such as AirMail, Spark, or PostBox. Also, even Microsoft is redesigning Outlook for this year and has always made tweaks to the app that some users have not approved of. 

Outlook 97:

Outlook 2016:

Outlook 2019:

Vista was bad because of many reasons. The UI was only a small portion of what made Windows Vista bad. That all said, thank you for your feedback. We are listening to customers and making changes based on feedback. Here are some changes we are making that might like:

• Performance fixes
    • Doesn't affect many users. However, users with thousands of records have slowness issues on Mac especially.
  • Compact options
    • We will not be introducing a legacy mode at this time. However, we will include options to collapse the left pane and reduce text sizes.
  • Ability to change a record's type again
    • Not something you mentioned but something we get plenty of feedback on.
  • Tagging system
    • Will help you more easily organize records and filter your records.

Just to comment on your jab about "Microsoft does not make many changes to it since they tend to have users that don't like or want changes" (which is just not good customer service to insult your customers); It has nothing to do with wanting / not wanting change. Personally, I like change. It's one of the reasons I was one of your beta testers. It's one of the reasons I bought mSecure 5 before it was released.

I like Windows 10, I like Outlook 2016 / 2019, I love dark mode in macOS, iOS 13, etc. What I don't like is losing the ability to DISPLAY and SORT my DATA, by ANY FIELD, QUICKLY. I don't really care how you change up the UI, but mSecure took away that very important feature required for ANY Database App. All the others DON'T have it, but mSecure DID until it was decided to get rid of it.

I don't care how the UI "looks" (it should always be "fresh), I just want to be able to view the data in an easy to sort, row by column, format.

Sure, I could export the data to a CSV to make the Data sortable by Column, but then what's the point of the security of a Secure Database App?

I'm sorry. I wasn't trying to insult you here. It sounds like you are wanting an excel spreadsheet look to your password manager and that's just simply not something we are wanting to do anymore. Other password manager companies have also moved on from the spreadsheet look as well. That said, as I mentioned before, we are making changes to the UI to help users view their information easier or faster. We don't currently have plans to allow you to sort by any column because we no longer display things in columns to begin with, but we do have plans to add tags and other things to help users view and sort specific records more easily.

As I just mentioned, we have no plans to provide a columns view or excel like view again at this time. However, perhaps you could explain why you feel you need that kind of functionality or display. I could then provide this feedback to others here who could change our current plans. Why do you need to be able to view 34 records at once and sort by any column or fields displayed? Does this help you copy and paste data? Is this quicker than simply searching for a record or filtering by type, group, and(or) favorites? What benefit do you get from being able to display so many records at once? Do you simply like being able to view lots of data at once? You still have to click on a record to then view it's details and copy the fields from the details view, do you not? I'm happy to pass on any feedback you have here.

Thanks

Agree - UI is dreadful. I still can't find all my list, like "web Logins" for example. I scroll down and it stops at "Shopping". I'm close to binning this and moving elsewhere. Really don't have time for this.

Hi Greg,

Our old "Web Logins" are simply called "Logins" and are easily be quickly accessible for your convince. You can open mSecure 3 or 4 alongside mSecure 5 to see that your total number of records did not change during to migration to mSecure 5. 

so why does our old "Web Logins" or the new "Logins" show on this screen?

I mean NOT show, obviously!

Hi,

The Logins are shown right below All Items and Recents. There is no need to show that record in the "Other types" area. That is for things not included in the All Items, Recents, Logins, Credit Cards, or Secure Notes.

Understand, but when I click ALL Items I want to see ALL items. It's how I quick check nothing is missing, see new types I've added etc.

This is on the win10 desktop version I'm talking about - which is what I sync from (local not cloud).

Here is a shot from my iphone - this is how it should be everywhere and like the old version. Full list so it's easy to see if something new did not make it across and simple drop downs under each so you can expand a type if you want to. I can't imagine it could be too hard to have the same display on a PC?

Anmelden oder Registrieren um einen Kommentar zu veröffentlichen