Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure-Unterstützung

Nicht belegt

Support for Windows 7

I'm still happily using Windows 7 on my work laptop and would very much like to access my passwords. Now I am forced to use version 3 and sync the passwords manually. Is there a way to install the Windows client for version 5 on Windows 7?

3 Personen gefällt die Idee
As it's very frustrating not to baaa able to use latest msecure on win 7, I found a trick :I've installed an android emulator as droid4x and mSecure5 in it. It works perfectly and I'm still using my lovely win7. Have a try!

Another Win7 user here, not planning on switching main workstation to Win10 any time real soon (if it ain't broke...). So far mSecure is first program I use which is now incompatible in a new version.  M$ can say all they want about ending support, but Win7 still accounts for 20-35% of the installed base (depending on who you ask, and that's not counting all the Win Server versions based on Win7).  They've extended support in the past, so who knows what will really happen in a year (enterprises are always slow to adopt).  Ultimately it's up to developers to decide which OSs to support. Dropping Win7+8 is a bit ironic IMHO because out of all the major OSs, Win has always been the easiest to keep backwards-compatible (yes, I'm a software developer also).  Guess it's mSecure v3.5/4 only for us dinosaurs.

I am also an msecure 5.5 user looking for an alternative to Windows 10 (for me, Win10 is too network-invasive of my PC to feel secure,  and of course Windows is the obvious hacking target for all the crooks out there). So I am now migrating to Linux (Mint, i.e. basically Ubuntu). A shame that the msecure folks did/do not provide an .exe version of msecure 5.5,  as that would presumably be (more or less) accessible to Linux users via Wine.

But I understand msecure's commercial philosophy, most of the market is with Windows 10, so they need focus on that to survive. Those of you out there making irate comments should cut them some slack...

Yes, but it’s one year stil until 2020. MSexure has many fields that can’t be migrated to another password manager, so we’re trapped in 3.5

Hi Steve,

Welcome to the discussion :-) Unfortunately, I do not understand your question here. However, we have no current plans to make mSecure 5 available on Windows 8 or below. Also the end of life support for Windows 7 ends in 2020 :-/

I’m new to this discussion....I have a mix of Win and IOS devices. I have one Win7 box and several Win 10. I’m running MSecure on all so I must be running some older version on the Win boxes. I know I am running 4.5 on IOS. Anyway, I was ready to push the buy button on MSecure Pro via a special half-price option when I realized I wouldn’t be able to run it on my Win 7 box. Sometime next year, I will replace my last Win 7 box. In my current setup all the boxes and IOS devices sync via dropbox. Is MSecure going to do something before 2020 to upset my applecart? (No pun intended)
Seriuosly, mSeven - are you not convinced of how badly you're shafting tour loyal users with this Windows 10 or die stance? Was this a conscious decision which you chose hide in the fine print or was it a result of of inadvertently forcing Windows 10 by upgrading yourbdevevlopment machines? Juat so you're aware, you're not the guardians of MS's OS cycle. If Win7 is supported by MS to 2020, ao should you. You have a good produxt that you've willingly broken for a notable subset of your clients. And please don't resend the link for the 3.5 download - that's borderline insulting

@Ronald,

Sure, you can do that. You just can't be making changes in mSecure 5 if that's your plan.

So actually this is a workaround for those of us with Windows 7. Use the previous version with Windows 7, sync to the previous version on your iPhone, email yourself a backup then restore on mSecure 5.

@Steve Smith,

I'm sorry to hear your dislike of Windows 10. I personally love it. I think it combines the best things of Windows 7 and 8. I loved 7 and disliked most of 8 and to me Windows 10 simply feels like the proper upgrade to 7. To each their own, I guess. Windows 7 will end is end of life support in 2020. I guess it's Linux for you afterwards? It would seem that your dislike of Windows 10 would mean that something like macOS 10.14(Mojave) with it's modern tablet/phone styling and Apple's full control would be out of the question for you. I really like Mojave though...

If you're going to go with Linux, I recommend going with Debian or Mint. They mostly have a more plain Windows 7 aesthetic by default that you might like. You are also, of course, more in control of everything with Linux.

Hi Ronald,

mSecure 5 can restore from .msim backup files created in the previous versions. However, mSecure 5 cannot and will not sync with the previous versions. Additionally, backups created in mSecure 5 cannot be restored in the previous versions.

If it’s not backwards compatible how am I able to email a backup of version 4 & then use that backup to update version 5

Hi Ronald,

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry about the issue you are experiencing.  mSecure 5 is not backwards compatible with the older versions. If you are using mSecure 5 on any device, you'll need to use mSecure 5 on all devices. mSecure 5's minimum system requirements are iOS 9.3+; Watch OS 2.2+; Android 4.3+; Mac 10.10+; Windows 10 (UWP).

We have not current plans to release a Windows 7/8 version of mSecure 5. However, you can download the previous versions of mSecure if you have already previously purchased them and continue using mSecure 3 and(or) 4 to sync your information: https://support.msecure.com/en/support/solutions/articles/36000064249

@Eden Melgar: There are many reasons to hate Win10.  #1 for me is Microsoft takes full control of your computer with Win10.  #2 is the stupid redesign that makes a PC look and act like a tablet (or phone).  I doubt Microsoft has generated an original idea since FAT, and they seem to be in a tizzy trying to mimic Android and iPhone.  I don't know how many 10,000s of employees Microsoft has, but for years they have demonstrated their complete incompetence at designing Windows "upgrades", and had to go back and redo every other release.  Win10 should have been the fix for the hideous Win8, but I guess since they cursed it with an even number, it still sucks.

Once Windows 7 becomes untenable, I'm off Microsoft forever.

I also use Windows 7 & I have both versions of mSecure on my iPhone. I sync via Wi-Fi with the old version & my computer. Is there a way to then sync between the 2 versions on my iPhone?

Kommentare zu dieser Diskussion sind jetzt geschlossen!