Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Apple Password app - mSecure CSV fails to import

Tested out importing an mSecure exported CSV file and got an error:

Passwords could not import passwords from the CSV file because it is missing column labels.

If you exported this file from a password manager, export a new file using different settings and try the import. 

As far as I can tell I have no way to adjust export settings. But I guess I could figure out what the column labels need to be and edit the CSV as a work around. 

Thank you for contacting us and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. There are no known issues of this happening for other users, so this should be working correctly. I have just tested this feature out on my Mac and I am not dealing with any issues with this CSV import feature. I first want to know if you are seeing any other error messages besides the missing column labels message? I also want to know if you are using fake data to test this feature in mSecure 6. If the data that you are using is fake, you can share this CSV file to me so I can try this out on my Mac. If it is real data, we will try something different.

I also want to know from what version of mSecure did you export the file? Are you using an older version of mSecure on your Mac?

Hey Mark, sorry, looking back I see that my original posting was missing the first line of text I copied and pasted from an email draft I was writing. 

I had installed Mac Sequoia 15.0 public beta that day and was playing around with Apple's password app and wanted to see what happened if I imported a CSV export from mSecure to import in to Apple's Password app. Not sure if they have a bug in the import I was sharing the message of the error I got with their app when attempting to import the CSV from mSecure. 

Hi Clif,

I wanted to follow up on this issue to make sure you've either got the issue resolved or to help where I can. In mSecure 6, there is a special command you have to enter at the top of the CSV to make sure mSecure imports the data in the file in the right manner. In the newest version, we added a bunch of new functionality that is mSecure-specific, so if you're importing more generic data, you have to tell it that with a command on the first line of the CSV file. It sounds like you got that sorted out but I wanted to make sure.

Thanks Mike but it's actually the reverse. I'm not importing in to mSecure. I am testing exporting out of mSecure as a test to do an important in to the new Apple Password app in Sequoia. The Apple app is reporting the error:

Passwords could not import passwords from the CSV file because it is missing column labels.

If you exported this file from a password manager, export a new file using different settings and try the import. 

Ok, I see. I'm not sure of how this works, because I have not tried importing passwords into Sequoia. However, I'm guessing the problem is that there is too much information that macOS doesn't like in the export. In mSecure 6, there are special characters used to tell mSecure different metadata about the record. You'll see this as IDs, numbers and pipe characters in the different fields in each record or row. mSecure doesn't have a special export option right now, so you would need to remove any of those characters and then fix up the CSV file so that it is formatted in a way that Sequoia accepts.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento