Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Forgot password and Hint

I had to change my Face ID it was not working correctly and I. Doing so I can no longer access my msecure account and ironically I do t remember the password to get into the account. It says if I change the password I lose all saved passwords which cannot happen I’d be screwed.

Thank you for contacting us. Unfortunately, there is not a lot we can do in these situations. Whenever biometric information like your face or fingerprint is altered in the device's settings, the authentication data for apps like mSecure gets deleted. This causes features like Face/Touch ID Unlock to be disabled.

The reason for this functionality is to keep thieves from bypassing the security of the apps on your device. If it didn't work this way, then anyone could get hold of your device, add a new face or fingerprint in the device's settings, and then they would be able to open and unlock mSecure via biometric authentication.

In order for the information stored in mSecure to be as secure as possible, mSeven Software doesn't acquire our user's account password, so we cannot retrieve it for you. Also, mSecure Cloud only stores your information in an encrypted state, and that's only if you decide to use mSecure Cloud syncing. Because user data stored on our servers is always encrypted with your mSecure account key, there is no way for us to retrieve your data either.

Also, in order to keep your information from being accessed without your permission, it is not possible to bypass or change an account's password when mSecure is not accepting the password the user is entering.

Lastly, some users ask about the possibility of restoring from a backup after resetting their account to create a new password. This is not possible since the backup is encrypted with the account password that was in use when the backup file was created. The only way to restore a backup is to enter the account password that was in use when the backup file was created, which is not possible in this case.

I'm really sorry I don't have better news here.

Do you have any ideas as to what your account password could be? If you do, one thing that has helped some customers in this situation is trying some letter substitutions when entering their password. Whatever the password may be, it's possible you used number and/or special character substitutions like typing $ for S or 3 for E. Hopefully this can aid you in finding the correct combination of characters for your password.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento