Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

Mistakenly reset my account, can’t access my backups

With a new iPhone, I mistakenly reset my account when I thought I was just resetting my password. Now I’m locked out of my old info. I have my account but w/ no info. How can I access my old backups? I see them in my account but do not remember the old password. Any suggestions????

Hi Rit,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your account and password. Unfortunately, there's not much we can do in these situations. Due to how your data is secured, there is no way to retrieve data without knowing the password that was used when the data was encrypted. The way encryption works is that a password is sent into the encryption algorithm, the data is encrypted using the password as a key, then the scrambled data is returned. The only way to decrypt that data is by supplying the exact password that was used when the data was originally encrypted.

We at mSeven Software never get access to our user's account password, so there is no way for us to retrieve it for you. This means that the only way to retrieve your data is to correctly enter the password that was in use when the backups you have were created. There's simply no way around the security.

Do you by any chance have access to your data in any other mSecure app on any other devices?

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento