Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

making copy of records shared in a vault

On my pc laptop...I have records that have been shared with me in a vault - if I try to edit the record, it tells me that it is read only - however, I am able to make a copy of that particular record which gets placed in my own private listing and then I'm able to edit it in my own record listing.  Is that intended behavior ? I would imagine that if I share a record and have it as read only, I wouldn't expect that the person I am sharing it with would be able to make a copy of it ???

Hi Noealla,

This is a good question, and at first, I felt the same way as you when we were creating the sharing feature in 6.0. However, the problem is that there is nothing keeping a user from copying the data into a new record they create on their own, so stopping them from copying the record programmatically really only gives a false sense of security. It wouldn't be wrong to stop a read-only user from being able to copy a record, of course, it just wouldn't provide any security which might be assumed in knowing the record couldn't be copied by mSecure.

Very good point !

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento