Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. With the update to Android 13, some of our customers are seeing that mSecure 4 no longer opens, and their told the app needs to be fixed. I'm assuming that's that what you're experiencing here. The only thing to do is upgrade to mSecure 6, which is a completely new app, and then transfer your data over from mSecure 4.
The reason you are seeing the message you're seeing about the email address already being in use is because you already have an mSecure account. I'm guessing at some point in time over the past few years, you downloaded mSecure 5 and set up an account but continued to use mSecure 4. Since you have all your data in mSecure 4, what you'll need to do is reset your mSecure account, then you'll be able to set up mSecure 6 and migrate your data over.
To be clear, resetting your mSecure account will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. mSecure accounts debuted in mSecure 5, so any versions prior to that didn't tie in to any type of account system. Any changes made to your mSecure account will have absolutely no effect on the information stored in mSecure 4.
To reset your account, follow the steps below:
1) Delete mSecure 6 from your device(s). IMPORTANT: Do not delete mSecure 4.
2) Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/
3) Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"
4) You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".
5) Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"
6) Install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app
7) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account
8) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set
9) Choose which sync feature you would like to use
10) When prompted, choose the option to import your data from mSecure 4
I didn't get your restart link until after I had already setup a new account, using a different email address and migrated my android info from version 4 (that was now crashing) to version 6. You had indicated that I must of downloaded version 5 at some point in order to be getting the "email already in" screen (when trying to download version 6 using my old email address), but continued to use 4. Would I have been grandfathered in using the restart link instead of doing what I did? If so, can I do it now or can you just grandfather me in anyway as I've been a loyal customer for many years. Please advise.
My prior email address was firstname.lastname@example.org, my new one is email@example.com, I'm using same password. Please advise.
It's great to hear you were able to get your data transferred over to mSecure 6. For your question, I checked your "firstname.lastname@example.org" account. There is no license on that account, and it has actually never been used. Since you were using mSecure 4, it appears that you did not purchase a license for mSecure 5. mSecure 5 and 6 is a paid upgrade from mSecure 4, so there is no grandfathering in when mSecure 4 is the license owned. However, if you are sure you purchased an mSecure 5 Pro license, then you would be grandfathered into an mSecure 6 Essentials account. Do you know if you purchased an mSecure 5 Pro license any time in the past?
I don't think I ever purchased one, but started doubting that when tech serv. said that's why I was getting the email already in use when trying to sign-up for ver. 6. Thanks for checking.
No problem at all Julie. Please let me know if you need further assistance.
Version 4 keeps crashing, so I tried to install version 6 on my Android phone, went to setup a new account, as directed, but it gives me the email address has already been used message and I can't go any further. I'm reluctant to use another email as I don't want to lose any data?