I am going nowhere fast and in circles. I changed passwords last week and logged in with no problem. Today, I cannot log in to mSecure. So I clicked "Forgot password". Nothing in the "Help" section helped - I deleted a file on my Mac and tried to reset the account as a last resort. I got a message that the password change failed as the password had already been changed. I tried the last known password and that failed. I tried to reset the account knowing I was going to lose my information, and it failed again.
Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. In order to move forward, you will need to reset your account. I don't understand what happened when you say the "password change failed as the password had already been changed," but that's not a problem here. When you follow the steps below, your account will be reset, and you should then be able to sign in to the account in the mSecure app on all your devices.
To reset your account, follow the steps below:
1) Delete mSecure from your device(s). On your Mac, you don't need to delete the app. Instead, you will need to delete the database file, which I'll go over below.
2) Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/
3) Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"
4) You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".
5) Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"
6) If you have iOS, Android or Windows devices, choose one, and install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app. If you don't have any of these devices, go to the steps for resetting your Mac below, then come back and continue with steps 7, 8 and 9.
7) Open mSecure and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account
8) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set
9) Choose which sync feature you would like to use and continue through the app setup process
On your Mac, follow these steps to reset the database file:
1) Open mSecure on your Mac, and look in the top left corner of your screen. You should see "mSecure" in the menu bar. To the right of "mSecure," you should see the word "Help." You'll click on that in step #2 below.
2) Click Help in the menu bar at the top left of your screen. A contextual menu will appear. Hold down the "option" key on your keyboard, and you should see two hidden options appear at the bottom of the contextual menu.
3) Click "Show Data File in Finder", and a Finder window will appear revealing mSecure's database file, which is named, "mSecure.mscb"
4) Close mSecure
5) Move the "mSecure.mscb" file to the trash
Thank you for this information. I was able to change the password today on my iphone and then my Mac. I must of skipped a step or two before I let my frustration take over. I apologize and appreciate your help. Everything is working again.
No problem at all Linda! Please let me know should you need further assitance.