Chat support available. Click the chat icon on the bottom right corner to start chatting with us right away!

mSecure Support

base di conoscenza Invia un biglietto

passwords

Pro five erased all of my passwords how do I get them back

Hi Frederick,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I just deleted your post in the other thread, so we'll keep our correspondence in this thread from here on out.

For references, here's the added information you gave in the other thread:

According to the settings page on latest Secure Pro 5 -all of my passwords seem to be in vaults under private. How did I access my passwords. The new App, Pro 5 wiped and failed to transfer to the new app.

In mSecure 6 (not mSecure 5) we now have a cross-account sharing feature, so it was necessary to place all data into a Private vault to distinguish them from Shared vaults. That might not make sense, but it's ok because all your data that is not shared with another user in a shared vault is now contained in your Private vault. In other words, all data will be contained in your Private vault unless/until you decide to share it with another mSecure user. All records have to belong to a vault, so by default, all records go to your Private vault.

As far as accessing your data, it doesn't matter what vault it's in. If you see the records in mSecure, you simply click on a record as you always have to view the information. What do you mean when you ask how did you access your passwords? Also, if you were using mSecure 5 prior to downloading mSecure 6, v6 simply installs over the top of v5, and we don't have any know issues that cause data to be lost in the installation of v6. Are you sure you installed v6 when you were using v5? Are you running mSecure 3 for desktop or mSecure 4 for iOS/Android by chance?

I have mSecure 6.1..3 (978).  Today, I could not  access my database. It reported "NO TITLE" for all my records. I have 131 login records and everyone has the No Title. I have tried everything to resolve this issue without success. I need HELP ! 

Steve Cooper 

scooper57@tampabay.rr.com

Hi Steve,

Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing. I'm not sure what could be causing what you're seeing, as we don't have any known bugs that cause this behavior.

I have a few questions to ask before do any troubleshooting. First, I checked your account, and it looks like you have at least one iOS device signed in to it. Do you have more than one device running mSecure and syncing data? If so, what type of device is it? 

Second, do all of your records show "NO TITLE" on them, or is just some of the records?

Third, when you view the details of one of the "NO TITLE" records, do you see any data stored in them? If not, what do you see. If there is no sensitive data showing up in the record, it would be great if you could attach a screenshot of what you're seeing.

Accedi o Iscrivitiper pubblicare un commento