I just responded to you in your other post here in the forum. We'll continue in that thread to keep things as simple as possible moving forward.
msecure6 says i have an account but won't let me change the password. i want to migrate m4 to m6 but can't reset 6 or change the password and m4 has stopped working so right now i have access to no passwords at all and you are all on vacation. Frustrating. Shopping around for another password app that is easier to use. Bummer.
The problem you're experiencing can be fixed very easily by first resetting your mSecure account. After you do that, you'll be able to sign in to your account in mSecure 6 and transfer your data. The problem is, mSecure 4 didn't have an account system, and at some point, you set up an account most likely in mSecure 5. Now you're trying to sign in to that account, but the password is not the same as the password you use to open the mSecure 4 app. It's not a huge problem, and it's not uncommon. You just need to reset your account first.
To be clear, resetting your mSecure account will have no effect on the data stored in mSecure 4. mSecure accounts debuted in mSecure 5, so any versions prior to that didn't tie in to any type of account system, so changes in v4 cannot have any effect to the data stored in v6 and vice a versa.
To reset your account, follow the steps below:
1) Delete mSecure from your device(s)
2) Open this link in your web browser on any device: https://www.msecure.com/request_password_start/
3) Enter your email address in the "Email Address" field, then click "START PROCESS"
4) You'll receive an email with information for the account reset. Read that email, then click "RESET ACCOUNT".
5) Enter a new password two times, enter a hint to help you remember the password, then click "RESET ACCOUNT"
6) Install mSecure from the store app on your device - App Store app, Play app, or Microsoft Store app
7) Open the app and move through the screens until you are asked to Sign In or Sign Up for an account
8) Tap the option to Sign In using your account's email and new password you just set
9) Choose which sync feature you would like to use
10) When prompted, choose the option to import your data from mSecure 4
Were you able to reset your account and get your data imported from mSecure 4 Amy?
Thank you for contacting us, and I'm sorry for the issue you are experiencing with your password. There is no way to retrieve your password if you don't currently have access to your account on at least one device. Do you by any chance have access to your old phone? If so, are you able to open mSecure on that device?